Who can legally operate a Mast Climber

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who can legally operate a Mast Climber

Today a friend of mine got stuck in a Mast Climber, the person operating the MC was a Romanian whose English wasnt great. My friend questioned the training & competence of the operator.

My question is, who can legally operate a Mast Climber?

I understand Regulation 7 of the Safe use of working equipment details that the person must be trained & competent. But what exactly do they need?

Originally posted by CMT1983 View Post
    Today a friend of mine got stuck in a Mast Climber, the person operating the MC was a Romanian whose English wasnt great. My friend questioned the training & competence of the operator.

My question is, who can legally operate a Mast Climber?

I understand Regulation 7 of the Safe use of working equipment details that the person must be trained & competent. But what exactly do they need?
    I think its encumbant that they have a reasonable grasp of English for sure, if thats the country they are working in .. principally so they can understand 'specific' site safety rules
    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Working...
    X