Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Too old to emigrate too, to young to die..............

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Too old to emigrate too, to young to die..............

Don't know if anyone here has been following the fortunes or misfortune of the emerald isle but anyhow there is is very little civil engineering work going on with 45 road projects cancelled last week.
    Well was down the local training centre and on the jobs board were sixty or so jobs all in the southern hemisphere with one in Poland,one in Sweden and Norway.So it looks like the Gov's answer to unemployment is emigration.......................:angry::angry:
    A driven man with a burning passion.

Gee Stock , I feel Guilty having work coming out our ears here .You would think cutting road projects like they have is just shooting themselfs in the foot ..Work means jobs .Jobs mean paypackets ,that get spent ,making the cyle of life work .

Comment

I think things are so tight though .. they just dont have the money to spend on the work ? .. but as you say ian its a cycle, because when the wages arent getting paid, tax revenue drops which funds these projects, plus social security costs rise due to extra unemployment etc etc and on it goes
      Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Working...
      X