• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First cat for macaulays 302.5

Comment

Stroll on wee chap .. excellent photos thanx

I'm intrigued with this one

Looks like a JCB and been welded several times .. it looks like the bannana link into the dipper boss has come loose ? what is it ?
      Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Originally posted by Muz View Post
        Stroll on wee chap .. excellent photos thanx

I'm intrigued with this one

Looks like a JCB and been welded several times .. it looks like the bannana link into the dipper boss has come loose ? what is it ?
        This is what happens when the machine is on self drive to another company with one of there experienced ops! You should of seen the rocks he was trying to move! Should of had the 30 tonner and not the 16, it's actually the quick hitch, I had a whore ofa job welding that up the night it happend! Usual on a Friday at half 4, rain and snow, oh how I miss it....

Comment

Originally posted by wee_gus View Post
          This is what happens when the machine is on self drive to another company with one of there experienced ops! You should of seen the rocks he was trying to move! Should of had the 30 tonner and not the 16, it's actually the quick hitch, I had a whore ofa job welding that up the night it happend! Usual on a Friday at half 4, rain and snow, oh how I miss it....
          I see it now .. the quick hitch into the bottom of the dipper .. so the bottom dipper boss is rotating inside the dipper

Pretty serious lack of grease ?

You know .. once those bushes have worn from side to side .. you usually get broken pins 24/7 .. never seen the boss fracture in the dipper arm that bad though?

But .. its a big job to re secure it .. for sure, especially on a 16 tonner .. to get those welds right if your only using a stick .. the dipper needs to come off IMHO so you can get the heat into the arm and the boss .. looks a small job but is actually big .. as I'm sure you know fella
          Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

And yes half four on a Friday .. cant tell you how many times Ive been that guy all the rest of the lads fooked off home and muggins is still on site in the snow, or the frost , or the rain when you just wanna be home with the family and the fire .. with a dram

Guess thats what makes us good guys eh ? .. decent men taking care of business when no one else gives a toss

Comment

Yea you look and think wont take long like, but by the time you get the hitch of and hydraulics unplumbed and sealed takes a bit if time and then dressing it all up and cutting the plate to suit, worked on till about 10 that night home about 1030 then on site at 6 to carry on took all day but I got it done but she's still going strong so I must of done it right but then again I did use 12mm plate and using 4.8 or 5mm rods! Went through about 3 and a half packs

Comment

Working...
              X