Some pics for the gents

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some pics for the gents

I was suppose to go to Alberta this week to work, but my aunt changed her mind on having me stay at her place for no reason. However my wife's uncle needed somebody to drive one of his trucks and deliver liquid fertilizer from a transload place near Winnipeg to a Hutterite Colony and finally to a farm supply place near his farm. The truck is a newer Peterbuilt with an ISX Cummins engine with about 500 h.p. and an Eaton Fuller Road Ranger 18 speed transmission (manual of course). The triaxle trailer is a steel bulkhead flat deck fitted with two poly tanks rated at around 3500 gallons each and a 3" petrol pump with a 13hp GC340 Honda engine that needs a little work but when it does work properly it can pump a lot of fluid. As well it has an air tank to purge the unloading hose to help prevent spillage. I also took some pictures of a tractor that I believe Wazza was interested in when it was in the background of some pictures of a mini-excavator I posted last fall. And I also got some pictures of some tractors and a Drott that I saw sitting on the side of a highway that a guy is trying to sell.

This tank and pump setup is common though most people just use a smaller 5 h.p. pump. The thing I don't like about the setup is the friggin mess as the tanks aren't baffled very well so since you can't load them right up (too heavy) they slosh a fair bit despite my best attempts to accelerate and decelerate as smoothly as possible.

Comment

Great photos Bert . I think you will find Stock to be very happy to view photos of the International "snoopy ".

Comment

Yeah I guess this fellow buys up old tractors fixes them up a little bit and then tries to sell them after, he was quite eager to sell me the International and said he wanted $7,000 for it, if I was in a bit better financial situation I probably would.... I put an offer on a Cat 941 a few years ago that belonged to my boss but his old man who still had some ownership of the company thought I was going to compete for work with it and sold it to some other old fart. I just wanted to do some side jobs grading, clearing brush etc., etc. and to do a little restoration on it. I was quite pissed off about it as this old fart just abused the damned thing as I hauled a few loads of fill to him on a housing job and it looked in shit state.

Comment

Yeah nice pics .. you dont see many of those snoopys about .. looks pretty good condition
          Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Those smaller sized track loaders were pretty popular here and used on a lot of housing sites for backfilling inbetween houses and as I was telling Ian yesterday they would often frame and sheath the house then backfill the grade beam for the garage so that's one reason why they didn't have cabs or canopies on them. The operator would often have 'duck' to get in and spread fill.....it's little wonder that many garage floors have sunk over the years as nobody seems to understand soil compaction in this province. They still do this technique to this very day but with tracked skid-steers instead.
            My wife and I were in the city today and went to a greenhouse to buy some bedding plants they also had a little landscaping supply for small amounts of gravel, dirt, rock etc. and they had this little JCB 210S or better known to the rest of you guys as a 2CX. I operated a similar machine many years ago but it just had a counterweight instead of a backhoe. The four-wheel steer was pretty nice and an owner would only have to buy one size of tires for a machine like this. The owner wasn't around so I wasn't able to ask him about it....or even if I could try it. lol

Comment

I also came across this rubber-duck that's owned by a small rural municipality bordering the city they use it for a variety of roadwork jobs like putting in new culverts, ditching, and as you'll see in the photo street sweeping. I operated an identical machine back in 2004 and the only thing I liked about it was that it was so bloody slow on the road I could make more overtime because the travel time between jobsites was so long. And I liked that I sat higher in it than a track machine so therefore could see into the back of a dump truck much easier. It was quite a bouncy machine due to its weight near 20 tonnes a long stick and poorly made tilt bucket and a very worn out hydraulic system. I also always had to be extra sure that I was on good ground as it didn't take much to sink it and it's lack of hydraulic power made it very difficult to pull out of the mud.

Comment

Working...
              X