Railway excavators and other related railway machines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Railway excavators and other related railway machines

Here's some videos I have found of railroad equipment modified from your standard digger run on rails and swing ties and other material around. I'm into model trains so this kind of a personal interest to me enjoy!

IMG_9032.jpgIMG_9033.jpgIMG_9035.jpgIMG_9036.jpgIMG_9040.jpgIMG_9041.jpg

Sorry Muz I'm trying to figure out how this is all suppose to go together I might need some help.

No probs mate .. I put your youtube clips into the proper tag holders.. its dead easy .. if you look at the pic below you select that button and just copy and paste the whole address from your browser of the clip into the box that opens up
    Attached Files
    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Great Videos Bert , Some interesting other ones with them as well .

Comment

I've been lucky enough to visit the Rexquote factory a few years ago and see these being converted. they had 2 Kolbeco's sat in the yard about to have the booms removed and turned into 360' trackloaders
        http://rsandersplanthire.com/ Plant Hire and Earthmoving

Comment

That rotating bucket has really come into its own on that last vid I'm always amazed when I see those machines, how they stay balanced on the rails, when the track base has been reduced as much. We call them road railers in the UK, one of the more prolific bespoke manufacturers is this company

http://www.colmarequipment.com/railroad/rrcranes.shtml

But lots just convert ordinary machines or use bogeys as above .. one things for sure they aint cheap to buy
          Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Thanks Muz I think I have seen those Colmar machines on this side of the pond and I'll try out those buttons next time I have some more videos to post. :-)

Comment

Here's another neat set the first one is like a screening plant on rails I've seen one sitting in the CN Transcona yards but have never seen it going but it is a neat one.

Comment

Interesting adaptation of the backhoe on the last vid .. you know ballast is treated as quite a nasty material here for reuse, as its deemed hazardous due to the amount of human waste that gets dumped from trains.. I dont know if the regs are different now, in that they may only discharge into self contained tanks within the carriage, for disposal at collection points ?

Comment

My god they don't do that here if ballast was to be treated as contaminated waste it would be because of it's exposure to the creosote used to treat the wooden railroad ties. How come they don't contain the human effluent in a tank until they get to a disposal place?

Comment

Working...
                  X