You really need to know your stuff driving these

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You really need to know your stuff driving these

Saw them first at Bauma a few years back .. heres the same one doing weed bank cutting

Theres a shed load more of them out there .. with bizarre articulated legs, oscillating axles etc... operating one as you say must take some getting used to. I pretty much know the balance inside out of all the kit I operate .. but doing on slopes is an added dimension
    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Back in the eighties and early nineties my dad had been on several trips to Switzerland, Germany, and Austria and had witnessed the "spider" excavators working in they're native land. I've seen some equipment magazine articles about them being used as far west as British Columbia (Canadian Province.lol) for working on mountain sides putting up towers for ski resorts and work like that. Personally I'd love to try one out as I love a challenge when it comes to excavators. I think they also have a machine in the 1.5 tonne or close to 1.5 tonne range which I think would be handier than a tracked machine in some places.

Comment

check this ones angle

Hole shit this ones even worse .. he even uses a stump as a jack leg

Last edited by Kev; 20-09-2011, 09:56 PM.
        Courage is rightly considered the foremost of the virtues, for upon it, all others depend.
        Winston Churchill

Comment

Fail on this one though

on the way down

Courage is rightly considered the foremost of the virtues, for upon it, all others depend.
          Winston Churchill

Comment

Working...
          X