Beach Renourishment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beach Renourishment

These pictures are from a 2006 beach renourishment program performed near my in-laws who live in Florida. The pictures show the pump ship that transers the slurry of sand and water to the beach, as the water runs off, the suspended sand settles out and bulldozers push it up onto the beach. I could have stood there for the whole vacation, but... Well, I wouldn't want to start out wearing a fry pan
    Attached Files

Interesting project Bruce I know that use to be a common method of reclaiming the land from the sea in Holland. Do you know what the fixtures were on the blade of the D7H?

Comment

That must be hard on the undercarriage components ,I would imagine the sand and salty brine would be the absolute worst .

Wonder what the fishing is like ,the driver could wet a line right from the seat at lunch time ........

Comment

I came from the gold coast .Down there they built rock walls at the river mouths to help boats get in and out .Problem was rock walls stoped the natural flow ofr sand up the coast .So they now pump sand under the rock walls and some cases on to beaches .

Comment

Originally posted by Wazza View Post
          That must be hard on the undercarriage components ,I would imagine the sand and salty brine would be the absolute worst .
          It sure is .. but the hirer can charge a premium because of this, the unknown issues are water getting into final drives, and other mechanics where seals are supposed to keep the shit out .... its the problem of heating and cooling drawing moisture in through seals , and condensations etc
          Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Originally posted by 245dlc View Post
            Interesting project Bruce I know that use to be a common method of reclaiming the land from the sea in Holland. Do you know what the fixtures were on the blade of the D7H?
            Both dozers had them, they are flip down forks that they then use to position the 48" diameter sand hose that runs across the ocean floor to the ship.

Re: the fishing, the gulls were having a field day whenever the pump was running.

Comment

Working...
            X