Companies preventing you repairing your stuff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Companies preventing you repairing your stuff

This youtube clip is important because it reiterates something Ive always said.. I know its a few minutes to watch

It might be relevant to phones .. but it proves the ethos is alive and well about manufacturers stopping us repairing our own stuff easily , and charging big money when we do

I use Apple products often , and this guy Louis is a guy who often champions against the might of the Apple machine with good reason..

I also have an interest in electronics .. and .. dont like throwing stuff out when it goes bang !!
    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Can't watch it with that moggie in in...........................................
    Now that you lot are not in the EU will that affect access to machinery software like in the US................................................ .........................
    A driven man with a burning passion.

Comment

Originally posted by Stock View Post
      Can't watch it with that moggie in in...........................................
      Now that you lot are not in the EU will that affect access to machinery software like in the US................................................ .........................
      We never had it in the first place ! .. look how difficult it is for owners to get hold of shop manuals ?

Not only that as Ive said before now .. its the common policy of many makers to leave all their parts un marked, which makes getting after market stuff hard , until a product has been in circulation for several years.

Kubota are a different example .. you dont get a high failure rate, and I'm ok with spending a bit to replace the bits you need, which won't be very often .. Volvo on the other hand didnt in the past, use their own engines in diggers until after they bought Pel Job for a few years .. so we had mitsubishi units as a prime example, and for quite a few years .. it was cheaper to buy a whole new engine direct from a mitsubishi dealer for an EC15 for example, than it was to buy a crank shaft from volvo for that engine.. when they couldnt even give you a delivery date, or even sell you one at all !! and this was long before Brexit was even a twinkle in the eye of Mr Farage

Plus ... another belter .. the fuel caps on these machines fail all the time .. the diesel rots the plastic formulation of the cap and they expand and get loose, pissing diesel everywhere .. turns out they are a drainage product, yes, a plastic drainage end cap made from some company I cant remember where, but I did find the scottish agent for them at one time and ofcourse the cap costs 1/6 th of the price that Volvo wanted .. makes me mad

Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Working...
      X