X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this Legal ???

I don't know , legal ? safe ???
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=Ht4qL0frAp4

In terms of weight ? .. yes .. but in some parts of the world ie the UK there are other issues to consider, such as what the digger is being used for, because the rig might then be classed as non agricultural which is a whole different ball game / can of worms The tractor will have some form of coupled brakes

Got to be safer than this outfit ..no chains nothing

Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Yes and No, the weight is border line, twin axle with the axles that close 8ton ea including the trailer, operating weight of
      13.5ton plus buckets
      @750kg and
      3.1 ton of trailer

give a total weight of 16850kg, overweight by 850kg...................

in the vid with the chain across the track is also illegal.
      A driven man with a burning passion.

Comment

Originally posted by Stock View Post
        Yes and No,
        in the vid with the chain across the track is also illegal.
        Didn't know it is illegal to have chains over tracks like that, i know you s posed to have lashing 4 points per machine (or so i'm lead to believe)

Paul.
        If I have to explain you wouldn't understand

Comment

Well Paul I speak from bitter experience a traffic peeler pulled me once while we were moving from a farmers yard to an outside farm. We had thrown the chain over like that and it was all he found wrong and gave out yards to us as the buffer spring he made out it would give allowing the machine to move...... €100 notes it cost...........
          A driven man with a burning passion.

Comment

Originally posted by mogman View Post
            Didn't know it is illegal to have chains over tracks like that,
            me niether although I have used both methods, and if your tracks overhang the side of the deck, its not the best method

Originally posted by Stock View Post
            give a total weight of 16850kg, overweight by 850kg
            I thought it was 17 tonne limit ?
            Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Pretty much the point I was making .Everyone in the comments seemed to have a different interpretation of the rules ,as have you guys .

Comment

Round these here parts in the words of Tom jones 'it's not unusual' to see a 16 tonner pulled on a trailer with a new holland tm125!

By the way the JD6520 in the first video it the way forward!!!

Comment

You tube seems full of aftermath videos of tractors with jacknifed trailers .Seems a good recipe for disaster to put over double the weight of the tow tractor behind a tractor and set off down the road with it

Comment

I know of someone who pulls a 24 toner on his 3 axle low loader and tractor!

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FjoJ8...feature=relmfu

More overloaded trailers and tractors

Comment

According to the machinery ring hand book max weight for on the road is Tractor,trailer and load 24.39 tons trailer and load 18.29 tons.

Comment

Originally posted by Wee Jim View Post
                          According to the machinery ring hand book max weight for on the road is Tractor,trailer and load 24.39 tons trailer and load 18.29 tons.
                          So is that the trailed load , ie the weight of the trailer including the load or without it Jim ?

Comment

Here is a picture of the page out the handbook.

Comment

Working...
                            X