Bamlett Finger mower parts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bamlett Finger mower parts

Just incase any of you guys can help ? I have an old Bamlett tractor mounted finger mower and its an old poultice of a thing but it does the job .. anyway Ive run out of fingers for it, and am ready to buy another mower just so as I can rob it for parts .. anyone know of one thats available ? .. not to fussy about its condition cos I going to cannibalise it anyway.. or anyone have some spare fingers in the back of the shed ?

Heres whats left of my last one so you can see the base of it. Ferguson ones are a different shape.

20130713_171006.jpg20130713_170955.jpg

The tip and the top of the finger is missing ... too many boulders on the croft
    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

I have seem a bunch of things like this tied up in a workshop on a farm somewhere I will try to remember where I have seen them!!

Comment

Think I have found te things for you! Email me on =-@?££.com as I am unable to get te pics through and see what you think!

Comment

Ok Jim I've done that so you can reply and attach a pic .. any problems just give me a shout .. Ive scrubbed your live email address too on your post for your security
        Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

I managed to weld the cutter teeth holder bar, back together. It had snapped just outside the shaft connector plate where it tapers. The break was straight like

so ....
          teeth.jpg

but I decided such a high stress weld would be better slanted

like so

cutter 2.jpg

In fact I slanted it much more than that .. so that the joint was in effect nearly 2 inches long .. for a piece of steel only one inch wide .. this should widen the stress area considerably

20130716_204534.jpg20130716_204543.jpg

Ive bolted the teeth on temporarily just to make sure it fits back in the mower as getting the alignment on the severed bits was really difficult when one of them is tapered in the first place and I might have to grind some bits of the bar

I did a deep 'v' weld on the joined parts so the join should be good. the pics dont do the alignment any justice .. but .. I'll see in a week or so if it goes back in to the mower

Comment

Them fingers I emailed you any good? The blades I emailed a pic of are brand new!!

Comment

Thanks mate ill get hem measured in the morning ... The bases look a wee bit different bu th might work

Comment

Originally posted by Wee Jim View Post
                Them fingers I emailed you any good? The blades I emailed a pic of are brand new!!
                Had a look Jim but theres a 10mm difference between the finger forward edge as to mine .. I'd suggest yours are the common Fergie ones.. mine are the bitch from hell Bamlett ones .. thanks for the effort though fella

Comment

the blades any good then I can post them if they will fit!

Comment

the blades any good then I can post them if they will fit!
                    Are there any rivets for them ?

Comment

Originally posted by Muz View Post
                      Are there any rivets for them ?
                      Nope no rivets but in this day and age you can weld them on!

Comment

Nope no rivets but in this day and age you can weld them on!
                        You DONT want to do that fella that will land you in a world of hurt .. I could use them but if the fingers are ferguson the blades will be too and the hole centres are different to the poultice of a thing I have... I can file out the centres with a chain saw sharpening file, but then the rivets wont hold as tight ... so I think I'll pass fella, but thanks for your trouble mate

Comment

No worries. I had a look in my dads workshop to night but what I remember as fingers for a finger bar mower were fingers for a combine and they have been scrapped! Will keep an eye out though!!

Comment

Working...
                          X