Old Fordsons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old Fordsons

I have four .. a 1947 E27N fitted with a Perkins P6 and a high top gear ,.. a 1957 Diesel Major, a 1958 Power major which Ive just restored and a 1962 Super Major which keep me busy .. as if I didnt have enough to be getting on with !

L to R is the 62 .. the 58 getting resprayed with new started fitted, the 58 getting stripped and another view.. and lastly the 58 finished I have another pic with her loader fitted somewhere

SDC10111.jpgP3060777.jpgP9250066.jpgDSC00085.jpgtractor 2.jpg
    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Hi Muz ,You look to have a Major problem .
    Bitten by the fordsons bug .

You have done a nice of the restoration . I have worked a major and a power major .

We have a couple of tractors ,international 574, a farmliner ,and a fieldmarshall ..There is also a lanz model H . Ian .

Comment

Well I should have said .. the 58 has been in the family since 1967 .. and I'm down on the log book as only the second owner of it .. and thanks the restoration came up good .. I aquired all the others during the time I pulled the power major apart and dont really want to sell them now .. they are all excellent machines, and run today as good as the day they were first put together .. well almost .. my super major is a bit gutless for some reason compared to the power major and I havent fiddled with it yet to see what I can do to help it .. thats the era when they changed from air governor to mechanical on the injection pump
      Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Is that the same machine ? at different stages of a build ?

Comment

Originally posted by gardener12 View Post
          Is that the same machine ? at different stages of a build ?
          Yep I think it is .. wtf with the black paint job though ?
          Frank Daily .. yesterday .. today.. tomorrow .. everyday

Comment

Yes they are the same rebuild .. sorry for my late reply .. and as to the black paint job FnD .. well I got exited when I was a young man and wanted to preserve her with black hammerite .. what a muppet I must have been .. but hey .. I was just looking after the old girl

*edit* just bought 2 new rims for the old girl .. nice fat 14x30's with weights for the loader .. will post a pic when I'm done !

Comment

Well the black paint did the job , Still in good nick .

Or were you trying for The Knight rider Look

Comment

Originally posted by ianoz View Post
                Well the black paint did the job , Still in good nick .

Or were you trying for The Knight rider Look
                Sadly the electronics would not have been up to the job .. Ive got a photo somewhere of the finished article in black in the late 80's I'll need to scan it in

Comment

Ok steady yourselves men.... after much looking Ive found and scanned some originals for your delictation

old fordson2.jpgold fordson4.jpgold fordson.jpg

I rekon 1 and 3 were about 1984 .. the old mil loader never got the paint job !

Pic 2 is the First owner circa 1973 .. a dear and late uncle of mine

Well that took some digging

*edit* you have to love those machines .. it still runs like a clock to this day .. kinda make you want to weep when you see some of todays engineering standards

Comment

Originally posted by Muz View Post
                    [ATTACH=CONFIG]49[/ATTACH]
                    OMFG Grannies seat cushions

Comment

Originally posted by Muz View Post
                      *edit* you have to love those machines .. it still runs like a clock to this day .. kinda make you want to weep when you see some of todays engineering standards
                      The old school engineering is something that should never of been lost. I have a Major E1A That was reversed off a slipway, Raided for parts, accidently started (hence the rocker and rod damage) and then given to me at the age of 13ish, I rebuilt the rockers over a weekend using parts off another ford engine that was'nt identical (no decompressor) But she works, although i've never got round to carrying on.
                      http://rsandersplanthire.com/ Plant Hire and Earthmoving

Comment

Nice job !

Comment

Originally posted by Andrea View Post
                          Nice job !

Cheers !

Comment

So Muz , Are they still in use, AL A farm work , ,Or do they sit round looking nice and started on the odd occassion .?

Comment

Originally posted by JD450A View Post
                              The old school engineering is something that should never of been lost.
                              Agreed .. some times I wonder where have we gone wrong ? ....
                              Hydraulic oil -- its in my veins - - - well I assume thats what the pain is

Comment

Working...
                              X