Hired in plant!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hired in plant!

I am working some hired in plant on a job just now. Never driven a Cat digger before! It's a good machine just seems a bit under powered on the tacks.

Tis is how the day ended! Tis is the second time since it came on hire 2 weeks ago that its cast a track!

Comment

Mmmmmmm .. dont ask me how I know .. but I have had machines that did this for a variety of reasons .. mis matched running gear for starters as the manufacturers try to make machines that will run on rubbers and steels with no mods including rollers that arent deep enough in the track etc .. machines built with squint undercarriages ... front idlers that dont sit on the chain but free float (brand new machine) .. I could go on .. Dodgy new rubber tracks with kinks in them etc etc
      Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Is the firsts time I have run a ZTS and I found it a bit unstable! Maybe it was all in my head! But I thought it was rear rocky!

Comment

Another track popped off? not having much luck with tracks these days Jim. Maybe the quick hitch and the big wide ditching bucket is making that machine a little front heavy? That JD35C I ran a few months back was a good unit but it had a cast iron counterweight on the back, plus I had a smaller bucket for trenching so it didn't seem tippy despite having that bloody thumb on it. How is it for servicing the engine, pumps, and oils? Some of those zero tail swing machines are miserable to work on.

Comment

Working...
          X