Didja Miss Me!!??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Didja Miss Me!!??

Bert reminded me that I belong to this community as well as the others and he kind of gave me the beans the other night on Facebook. Sorry to have missed any who noticed my absence. Between working full time out on the house project (read, "away from civilization") where I have no internet service, to an active schedule on the ACMOC front, to helping another rusty iron collector get a new website started (along with Ian), to being a moderator on that site (along with Ian) as well as ACMOC's, I have been a bit pre-occupied. Bert was kind enough to remind me that I had time to spend on Facebook, so, "What's up with that?"

I've been slowly whittling away at the house, and it has now gotten quite cold. We finally received some snow, but barely. Instead, it has been the dreary damp just-around-the-freezing-temp weather that chills you to the bones. I still haven't any heat in the house other than a small woodstove in the basement. I plan on augmenting it with a small electric unit heater to take the chill off. Insulation is pending (I have it) until I can get the rest of the house wrap on the front peaks and make sure the weather doesn't come in and soak the stuff. I do now have electricity into the house and the gas line is run, but without an appliance (indeed, without the indoor piping), the utility won't hook up the meter. This week had been spent helping my carpenter get a tin roof installed on one of his clients homes just ahead of a big storm that struck yesterday. It didn't amount to much for us, but just a hundred miles to the north, they received over a foot of snow.

Here's a picture of the rear of the home after last weeks progress wherein we installed the soffit and fascia panels The work included building the eave boxes at the gable end. What you see is only 1/3rd of the work that needs to be done on the overhangs. Also included is a photo of the electric utility trenching in the high voltage cable.
    Attached Files

Who are YOU?
    A driven man with a burning passion.

Comment

Originally posted by Stock View Post
      Who are YOU?
      And what are you doing here
      Good to see you found the time to keep us in the loop Bruce .

Comment

Originally posted by Stock View Post
        Who are YOU?
        OUCH!

Originally posted by ianoz View Post
        And what are you doing here
        Good to see you found the time to keep us in the loop Bruce .
        Double OUCH!

Comment

Originally posted by B4D2USA View Post
          OUCH!

Double OUCH!

Comment

Good to hear your making progress Bruce and that the weather at least as been dry sorta. It's been a weird couple years for winter weather places not to far to the north of us have had about two feet total accumulation so far while we've got 6-8 inches every time it does snow here it's the really light fluffy stuff that almost seems to disappear after a little while. lol Hopefully you'll be able to get a proper furnace in soon and be able to have some proper heat and get out of that chill.

Comment

I think I remember saying back in the day .. that roof has got more hips and valleys than a small country

good to have an update though Bruce
              Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Ah yes the name rings a bell ,and in the house by Christmas rings another one ............

Comment

Hello Bruce - any chance of seeing your woodstove?

Comment

Originally posted by jackpreacher View Post
                    Hello Bruce - any chance of seeing your woodstove?

JackP, please keep in mind the woodstove was purchased for the studio apartment I built in the barn to facilitate the construction of the house. Thus, it is a tiny affair. By the time I finished outfitting the studio with the basic comforts, there was no room for the stove. It has a 1.2 cubic foot firebox, so the pieces of wood have to be small. It is a devil to light, but once it warms up, it draws well and does cast some good heat. It is woefully small and close to the ground, thus kneepads are a necessity for lighting or feeding.

PS, For whatever reason, the picture doesn't want to upload upright. Just rest assured that it is in fact installed with the stack pointed "up."
                    Attached Files

Comment

Aww , Now you have done it Bruce .
                      I can just see Stock drooling all over his keyboard looking at that Fire ..

Comment

Boil a Santa

Originally posted by B4D2USA View Post
                        PS, For whatever reason, the picture doesn't want to upload upright. Just rest assured that it is in fact installed with the stack pointed "up."
                        Is this any better?

Bruce Boils Santa.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by jackpreacher View Post
                          Is this any better?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1115[/ATTACH]

Heh heh heh... very cute. Obviously he is wearing asbestos booties. My hired help (a 19 year old) burned a knot onto his forehead a few days ago trying to look into one of the joints in the flue pipe Sympathy he did not receive.

Comment

Bruce did you hire the leading actors from Dumb and Dumber ???.....

Comment

Actually, I should call him "Slick" because his butt-cheeks must be covered in grease. His pants are down below his underwear most of the time I have been threatening to caulk his hips with construction adhesive to keep his pants up.

Comment

Working...
                              X