Been doing a bit of work at home .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ian, don't ask...........

Your first photo inspired a moment of Gerry Anderson recollections..........
    Oz Tracey in the Mole.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Stock View Post
      I don't suffer from Hogmanay or Burns brogue................

“Flow gently, sweet Afton, among thy green braes; Flow gently, I'll sing thee a song in thy praise”
      “The best laid schemes o' mice and men Gang aft a-gley; And leave us naught but grief and pain For promised joy”

Beautifully spoken... I'm not sure what it all means but it shore sounded purty

Comment

Them boys from Scotland only suffer Christmas but the New year they call Hogmanay ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hogmanay) where they gorge out on Haggis and Black pud, It is a bigger festival than Xmas.

The 25 of Jan is Burns Day another excuse for flag waving............. It to honour their national poet Robbie Burns who I quoted earlier............
        A driven man with a burning passion.

Comment

I learned something new today. Consider me a sheltered American boy who rarely departs the shores of North America. Probably not in my best interest, Lord knows I love to travel but I just can't seem to find the time. Someday, someday.

Comment

I can do without the Scottish ways I'll stick with the Dutch favorite of deep fried dough.

Comment

Don't eat too many Doughnut holes Bert as they are very fattening ........
              This thread is way off topic sorry Iain ,about time you posted some more pics ...........

Comment

Lol I know that's why they're only eaten once a year.

Comment

Well Bert a friend brought me ginger bread from Belgium and I would have to say it was delicious................never ever tasted any bread like it....

A small bakery in his hometown produces it only for christmas....HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Comment

OK , Todays progress , Got all the roof perlins on .

Next step bring the roofing iron down to the shed site.

Some roofing iron up and on .

useing secondhand iron so , progress is slow .Having to cut sheets to lenght , But nearly half way there .

Comment

What the cover on them sheets Ian??

Comment

500MM wide mate . Different sheeting to what is on the older piece . That is why it steps down .

Comment

Looks like you're working between rain showers. Nicely done. Are you adding walls? If not, are you doing any bracing to prevent racking of the side walls?

BTW, can you post a few pics of the Mack B model in the background? Love em.

Comment

New year they call Hogmanay ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hogmanay) where they gorge out on Haggis and Black pud, It is a bigger festival than Xmas.
                            Dae we feck ... a phone in Indian Curry more like

The 25 of Jan is Burns Day another excuse for flag waving............. It to honour their national poet Robbie Burns who I quoted earlier............
                            Aye the Bard indeed

I was driving over the Afton just recently , and recited a verse as I did so

Wahts going on with the JCB in the back ground Ian ?
                            Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Originally posted by Muz View Post
                              Dae we feck ... a phone in Indian Curry more like

Aye the Bard indeed

I was driving over the Afton just recently , and recited a verse as I did so

Wahts going on with the JCB in the back ground Ian ?
                              Hopefully getting the gas axe out.

Comment

Originally posted by 245dlc View Post
                                Hopefully getting the gas axe out.
                                After a good curry blow out ... anything is possible
                                Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Working...
                                X