• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yea email me and I'll post them........
    A driven man with a burning passion.

Comment

Originally posted by Stock View Post
      Yea email me and I'll post them........
      I emailed Muz, but have now forwarded it to your good self. Many thanks.

p.s the email I have for you don seem to work now!

Comment

Originally posted by B4D2USA View Post
        Thanks for the link. I have heard of using these but my dealer was a bit vague about details. I can get a "Power Beyond" kit to add a 3rd circuit to the rear of the tractor, but then you need another SVC to control it or it is always live. This solution is cheaper and more to-the-point.

Bert, we had an ice storm here yesterday with just a glaze. It was worse to the north. That followed a 1" snowfall. Today, it is in the 50's, tomorrow close to 60. Then Thursday back into the teens. They are also predicting severe thunderstorms tomorrow and evening with 2 - 3 inches of rain. Pretty volatile.
        Ice storms are never very much fun we had one a few years ago I went to go sand a service road with a 3 ton and had to drive in reverse while spinning off sand so I wouldn't slide off the road. The salt supplier ran out of salt and had to get it trucked in but the main highways like the TransCanada were closed so it longer for the trucks to bring their loads in, I think the scheduled train load got there in about the same amount of time. lol One of the combination plow truck/sander's north of Winnipeg apparently slid into a ditch when the driver got out to take a leak and he leaned against the truck.....whether or not that's true it makes for a good story. lol

Comment

Originally posted by Wee Jim View Post
          I emailed Muz, but have now forwarded it to your good self. Many thanks.

p.s the email I have for you don seem to work now!
          was in bed when I got it be tonight b4 i can post em
          Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Originally posted by Muz View Post
            was in bed when I got it
            What you and mrs Muz get up to is of no concern of ours you lucky bugger!

Comment

Originally posted by Muz View Post
              was in bed when I got it be tonight b4 i can post em
              More important things to do Muz

Comment

Originally posted by Wee Jim View Post
                What you and mrs Muz get up to is of no concern of ours you lucky bugger!
                Originally posted by ianoz View Post
                More important things to do Muz

Steady now boys I was only doing a spot of late night surfing
                Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

ADMIN : Here ya go Jim posted these up for ye

Some more photos for you guys from my snow clearing

This is my fav photo and my entry into the plant and construction Callander lol

image.jpg
                  image1.jpegimage2.jpgimage3.jpgimage4.jpg

Comment

Some nice pictures there ah Jim or Muz or whatever. Some very deep snow there good thing you had that wheel loader with the V-plow to open it up before hand, did those tire chains help his traction very much?

Comment

Yeah he said the loader wouldn't go anywhere with out then!

Comment

Amazing that highway departments over there don't use graders more like we do. The municipalities here often put those big V-plows on the front and a wing on the back, plus they have the six wheel drive and articulated steering to help them out. It's amazing how deep the snow has to be to stop them in their tracks sometimes.

Comment

So this is what the road looked like!

and this is how we opened it! With the loader and V plough at one side and the blower coming over from the other!

the snow was real bad in the village with no room to get about so it was loaded up by forklifts and hauled away! I used this JCB to clear a space so I could get it dumped.

The council have given me a V plough to clear roads with its massive!

had to go try open the Glenmuick road as you can see the snow had drifted pretty bad!

i was trying to open a road between ballater and Strathdon and I couldn't get through the snow as you can see in the back ground that's as where I got too! I saw this car when I was back up In the daylight I had to go see Incase anyone was still in it! Turns out they had to get rescued by the police the night before!

i must apologise for taking so long in getting these on here but I have been having trouble with my iPhone/ipad and photobucket!

Comment

Worth the wait JIM
                            A driven man with a burning passion.

Comment

Great pictures Jim! How did that big V-plow handle compared to your other plow?

Comment

Yeah, great pictures.......and what a plough - any idea how much it weighs? Do they drag on the road surface when you plough??

Comment

Working...
                                X