X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ianoz View Post
    Vin , What year is the Leyland Truck?
    After the Daf take over I guess .
    I am fairly sure we did not get that model cab out here .
    I had a 1980 Leyland Mastiff ,that we started the business off with .
    I can mind loading the early leylands , I can remember the bulldog mastiff and octopus . I think from my memory that the scamwell were more common .

do you have any pics of the mastiff?

vin

Comment

Don't forget the AEC and ERF.................Seddon Atkinsons.............
      A driven man with a burning passion.

Comment

Nice collection of machines over the years Vin, do you still have your own equipment?

Comment

Nice pictures vin. Keep them coming. There's very few ducks around here. Only one or two that I can think of. Case and lebiearr would be the most popular. I post my pictures up via Photobucket vin. I up load to Photobucket then just copy and paste the link into the reply thread. It works well for me. But a lot of people don't like it. I will admit I thought it was a bollocks at the start, but I've got used to it now and like it. 😉

Comment

Nice photos pal! That leyland constructor brings happy child hood memories from when a was a nipper. Going round with my old man in his 6 wheeler. Can't beat the old 80/90 trucks! With the old style proper dumper boxes with the incline on the back. None of this tailboard carry on lol

Comment

Originally posted by Vinpetrol View Post
              I can mind loading the early leylands , I can remember the bulldog mastiff and octopus . I think from my memory that the scamwell were more common .

do you have any pics of the mastiff?

vin
              Here is the thread with our Trucks in it Vin .

http://www.plantandconstruction.co.u...r-Trucks/page6

Comment

Originally posted by Stock View Post
                Don't forget the AEC and ERF.................Seddon Atkinsons.............
                in them days stock even I could do some fitting on the wagon it was much easier to do a bit of Kerb side engineering without all the electronics of today . They were all good lorrys

Comment

Originally posted by 245dlc View Post
                  Nice collection of machines over the years Vin, do you still have your own equipment?
                  Hi 245

I have the Hyundai duck in the pics it's getting on but everything works as it should and it is a well balanced machine, a case cx 130 track machine and a Hyundai H 26 mini digger.

I will get pics of them as I use them and post them up

Vin

Comment

Originally posted by ianoz View Post
                    Here is the thread with our Trucks in it Vin .

http://www.plantandconstruction.co.u...r-Trucks/page6
                    Hi Ian

the wagon I am loading with the 100 duck is a Daf the same shape as your one, the owner driver was hairy mick donellan he is back in the Emerald Isle living now . I drove it now and again it was a great lorry and never gave him any bother at all

Vin

Comment

Originally posted by jimbozaxis View Post
                      Nice pictures vin. Keep them coming. There's very few ducks around here. Only one or two that I can think of. Case and lebiearr would be the most popular. I post my pictures up via Photobucket vin. I up load to Photobucket then just copy and paste the link into the reply thread. It works well for me. But a lot of people don't like it. I will admit I thought it was a bollocks at the start, but I've got used to it now and like it. 
                      Hi Jim
                      I think with a bit of help from Muz and Stock I Sussed it out . I think the site is good for posting pics it was more operator error along with the couple glasses Pinot grigo, drinking and driving computer not so wise

I think that's all my archive stuff but will post up the day to day stuff and try to mind and take more pics
                      fork toes and jib extension should be here mon or tue so will post up pics when I get them

Vin

Comment

..There's been loads of things I didn't know what the abbreviations were know I won't be afraid to ask

vin
                        ...that could open the floodgates......

Thanks Vin

Comment

Its not snow Jim Its chalk
                          Not much chalk up these here parts! Only snow!

Comment

Fork toes and extending jib

image.jpg
                            image.jpg

Comment

This is the kit from Brian Scott it fits perfect on the duck hitch so I need to try it on the case ASAP

i haven't had the chance to use it but it looks like it should be good.

Vin

Comment

Vin what do you think of the Hyundai machines in terms of reliability and parts availability? I have been starting to see a few more across the Prairies here.

Comment

Working...
                                X