Another Photo Dump, CPHQ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Photo Dump, CPHQ

The lack of internet service has been annoying out at the CPHQ particularly since I have been able to spend so much time out there. Regardless, follows is a few photos of the progress from the last few months. I spent several weeks in April refreshing the rental house as the previous tenant broke their lease and left a few months early. Fortunately, I was able to get it occupied again by May 1st. After almost 30 years of use, I decided to freshen up the hardwood floors. I had sanded them that many years ago and refinished. but after 15 years of tenants without a care for your precious work, I needed to sand out a lot of scratches and damage. Unfortunately, a second aggressive sanding is not possible otherwise I'd sand through the tongues and grooves. A few days on my knees with a random orbit sander did it.

Also pictured is the continued effort to clad the house in cement shingles after trimming the windows with engineered trim. Details details details!!!! It takes forever, but at least we are attacking the most difficult to trim (and reach) areas first, so hopefully, the remainder of the siding will be much easier. At least the view of the unfolding spring is worth the climb. This past week, we had a spell of rainy, cool weather, so we dropped down off the scaffold to work under the protection of the covered porch. Here, we trimmed the windows and started to install the ledge that will separate the shingle covered wall from the stone wainscoting. This week had been in the low 50s with drizzle, next week they are forecasting mid to upper 90s. You gotta love those 40 degree temperature swings.
    Attached Files

Cool .. clearly ladies with high heels will be banned from room 1
    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

I did the caretaker thing for a little while a few years ago I could never be a landlord with what some people do to places...but very nice work Bruce and nice to hear from you again.

Comment

Bruce, do you think those trees right in front of CPHQ may undermine some of the building footings?.......if not immediately maybe within 5 years....just mentioning it as we had one tree a similar distance away from our place and it cracked the screeded floors within 10 years of the floors being poured - not a major disaster but enough to warrant felling the tree.

It's a big project - how much of the build have you done yourself? (apologies if you've mentioned this elsewhere)

Comment

Originally posted by jackpreacher View Post
          Bruce, do you think those trees right in front of CPHQ may undermine some of the building footings?.......if not immediately maybe within 5 years....just mentioning it as we had one tree a similar distance away from our place and it cracked the screeded floors within 10 years of the floors being poured - not a major disaster but enough to warrant felling the tree.

It's a big project - how much of the build have you done yourself? (apologies if you've mentioned this elsewhere)

Jack them tree are shallow rooted and those boys there put big basements under their abodes to prevent frost heave on the foundations.....no a gale on the other hand may cause the trees to do some damage......

Real artisan work there though..................
          A driven man with a burning passion.

Comment

Working...
          X