No announcement yet.

Druidic exploits of a various nature!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wednesday dawned bright and sunny ......the third precipitation free day in succession ... I could see a pattern forming – could this be what they mean when they talk of climate change?????

My favourite and trusted Geith 3 footer was called into service again and the ramp spoil got loaded out into the Thwaites for its trip to the field ......

.... as it was dry enough to get in AND out without drama !!
    Whilst I had Mr Geth’s finest rock-wrencher on I ripped a few out of their spots and loaded out several more loads of spoil ....

And got meself a few feet further in ......

Thursday being ‘Clara day’ not a lot got did for the first half of the day, despite the sunshine ..... The ‘Drema got a good greasing and sussed a couple of nipples that I don’t think have ever seen grease, since she was built .... still had the paint on ‘em !!

Once she’d finished her mid-day snooze I was allowed to make some noise ... seven of these......

chock-fills a 6 tonne Thwaites .......

And quite a few multiples of seven were ‘doled out’ Thursday afternoon ......

.... and into the evening after tea, together with some more rock-bothering !!

Carried a few down the ramp for ease of access, in the morrow .... it’d been 4 days without rain, so the odds on a fifth were pretty long !!!

Making progress slowly .....

Don’t yer just love farmers .... sorry to you lads who are one, but .......

For chrisakes ..... weigh it in ..... don’t poxy bury it !!!!
    If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

• Sure enough, woke to rain pounding on the velux Friday morning !!!!

Spent a lot longer than usual watching the news!! .... Nice !! WTF is wrong with these people? !!

By the time I’d finished it’d stopped and was well on the way to drying up nicely, so went on rock wrestling, whilst it finished off drying out !!

This was a beast ....

As were several others !!!!

The rock pile from the usual angles ......

Plus one from Jake’s roof ...

For a wider view ....

Had half an hour later on roughing out the batter .....

And while the VA-r was on went and sorted through the latest additions to the rock/rubble pile, with the grab and then a bucket ......

It continues to grow !!

Dunno where I’m going to put this lot, when I get further in, once the dying oak has been dealt with, whilst I have a 6ft height advantage off the top level.

Then it was off with the VA-r ready for some more rock ripping, in the a.m. hopefully .....

Have to lay her out to get at the QCs on the boom and the leccy ..... either that or get a ladder .......... this is easier, before dropping her on the floor.
      Sky didn’t look promising tonight ..... but not supposed to be ‘moist’ tomorrow !!!
      If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

• Thought I’d struck gold at the beginning of the week ....... (been keeping an eye open for a 'cheap' rototilt to 'play with' for ages and missed out on one a while ago)

http://m.finn.no/b2b/construction/ga...8741291#image1
        http://m.finn.no/b2b/construction/ad...nkode=78741291

Well I had actually !!

900 quid is what that equates to plus about £250-350 to get it home.

Got a reply from the seller today .......
        Hi Graham.
        The tiltrotator has been sold.

Best regards,

Emil Dahl

Boo bloody Hoo ..... was quick off the mark too!!
        B20 didn’t matter to me .... got the B20 adapter and two B20 buckets that’d go under it anyway !! ..... in need of a bit of welding ...... I know a bloke who could’ve sorted that !!

These have been on there a while too ...... but’ll cost a bloody fortune to get TWO tiltys and FIVE buckets home .....
        £2600 buys the package, if anyone wants a cheap start up kit !!!
        Both PUP/direct mounts - 2008

http://m.finn.no/b2b/construction/ad...nkode=78952911
        http://m.finn.no/b2b/construction/ga...8952911#image1

Have to admit to being tempted though and they’re in Brevik.

Refuelling time for the ‘Drema this morning ....... Druid style ........

Have to say, that whilst she’s not a ‘sipper’ like Jake used to be, considering she’s done a fair bit this week, the 170 ltrs that went in, wasn’t too bad really.

Takes longer to get it set up to do than it does to pour it into her!!!

She’d had a good greasing Thursday so just went round her removing any excess ..... before waking Jake from his slumbers.

Something missing from here ......

Oh there he is !!

Time to do my head again!! Having stuck another 55 dumper-loads up in the field, it needed a ‘bit of attention’ and flatting out ....... ready for some more !!!

Just doing his ‘warming up exercises’, whilst I opened the gate,

‘fore getting stuck into some serious piles of spoil.

‘Fraid I actually forgot to get any before pix ...... and will have to go back up for some after ones too, as I had the boss on the phone, telling me to get my bum back down here, for tea. So missing a few ‘visual aids’ tonight !!!

Comment

• Great thread this - reading with interest. Not gone through every page yet, but I'm envious of the rock you are getting out of your ground, all I get is old bricks and buried sh*t from previous farmers.

Jay

Comment

• Originally posted by Ukjay View Post
            Great thread this - reading with interest. Not gone through every page yet, but I'm envious of the rock you are getting out of your ground, all I get is old bricks and buried sh*t from previous farmers.

Jay
            Hi Jay ..... the rocks are the reason I upgraded to a much bigger digger ..... JakieB was seriously outgunned, when I started finding some of the smaller ones !!!

As for farmer's penchant to bury shit .... I've had all sorts out of here ..... gate posts, gates, hurdles, metal table frames, large lumps of tree, wheel rims, oil drums, fencing wire, you name it !!

Plus there was a retaining wall beside our drive .... that didn't .... before I owned the place ..... that's buried in here too..... and there's one hell of a lot of it
            A lot of the 'rubble' pile is concrete blocks with a stone effect render on their face and they're bloody everywhere, when you're trying to dig a decent surface to get about on.

Hope you enjoy the thread .... should while away a few hours plowing through it .... I've a few others too, which'll probably interest you http://www.plantandconstruction.co.u...p?searchid=139

Comment

• Originally posted by v8druid View Post
              Hope you enjoy the thread .... should while away a few hours plowing through it .... I've a few others too, which'll probably interest you http://www.plantandconstruction.co.u...p?searchid=139
              Hi v8druid (Graham?)

The link doesn't seem to work unfortunately - so I'll do it old school and search via the search function on your name as thread starter

Jay

Comment

• Originally posted by Ukjay View Post
                Hi v8druid (Graham?)

The link doesn't seem to work unfortunately - so I'll do it old school and search via the search function on your name as thread starter

Jay
                That's bloody queer ..... it's how I got it in the first place

Gra

Comment

That's bloody queer ..... it's how I got it in the first place

Gra
                  Well Gandalf Graham you fixed that well didnt ya............................
                  A driven man with a burning passion.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stock View Post
                    Well Gandalf Graham you fixed that well didnt ya............................
                    ..... dunno WTF happened to it ...... worked fine when I previewed the post earlier???????

MUZ!!!??

Comment

• This perhaps what you was trying for ??
                      http://www.plantandconstruction.co.u...b-Attachments-!!
                      http://www.plantandconstruction.co.u...-DruidFab-VA-r
                      Shit i am good

Comment

MUZ!!!??
                        Aye ? Wassup ?
                        Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

• Originally posted by ianoz View Post

Well yes and no ..... .... the link I put up ..... that didn't work was to a page of all of 'em Ian ....... the search results

http://www.plantandconstruction.co.u...p?searchid=221

and which again works in preview so let's try it again

Comment

Well yes and no ..... .... the link I put up ..... that didn't work was to a page of all of 'em Ian ....... the search results

http://www.plantandconstruction.co.u...p?searchid=221

and which again works in preview so let's try it again

Ya broke it Druid 'cause it don't work......................again
                            A driven man with a burning passion.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stock View Post
                              Ya broke it Druid 'cause it don't work......................again
                              Bloody thing!!

Worked fine in preview and after I posted it ..... I checked !!!

Muz!!! ... the engine room's having a wobbly

Comment

• Originally posted by Muz View Post
                                Aye ? Wassup ?

See above and below Boyo ...... dunno why .... works fine in preview and after I've posted it ...... or is it only me that can see it ??
                                Can't this morning though ....... time-bound thing???

Comment

Working...
                                X