Druidic exploits of a various nature!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Nobody View Post
    Also, didnt even know drema had track hoes dosnt look to bad!
    Yeh they do quite a few ..... that was the baby ......

Originally posted by Nobody View Post
    Hehehe! Oh well.. It's a good laugh for the rest of us anyhow

If i had to buy my own pumps, I would
    As for the G couplers, found them on ebay and at one supplier in norway. Gotta check with the boss-man tho.. See if they like the idea! Prolly gonna end up getting a couple anyways
    Upside of being employee, I dont have to buy my own crap. Downside, quality of life items is loooow on the priorities and often frowned upon :/

Glad to hear your pleased with it overworked or not, awfully practical to have around when in need!

Hmm.. you make me regret not buying one i had my eye on about a year ago! Dont recall the model, but i think it was a bit smaller than yours.. Sure would look good in the yard!

few to choose from
    If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

• Hm, have you ever tried a tracked 'drema?

Ah, yes! It was a M1100.. Regrets incoming.. cheap and low on hours it was..

Comment

Hm, have you ever tried a tracked 'drema?

Ah, yes! It was a M1100.. Regrets incoming.. cheap and low on hours it was..
        No I haven't ........ but, based on my experiences of Hydrema with the duck .... I really can't see it being anything other than excellent
        Built with the best of everything

Cheap and low hrs .... can understand the regrets ... they are such nice tools and punch way above their weight.
        If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

• Originally posted by v8druid View Post
          No I haven't ........ but, based on my experiences of Hydrema with the duck .... I really can't see it being anything other than excellent
          Built with the best of everything

Cheap and low hrs .... can understand the regrets ... they are such nice tools and punch way above their weight.
          I can imagine! Only experience i got with 'drema is their dumpers.. great tools! Have had som trouble with their rear axles.. Everything else has been great!
          They do get a beating tho.. digging out of the raised dump bed, getting pushed around

Yeah.. I didnt realize that at the moment.. I think i shyed away cuz it wasnt well a known machine to me at the time. Oh well!

Comment

I can imagine! Only experience i got with 'drema is their dumpers.. great tools! Have had som trouble with their rear axles.. Everything else has been great!
            They do get a beating tho.. digging out of the raised dump bed, getting pushed around

Yeah.. I didnt realize that at the moment.. I think i shyed away cuz it wasnt well a known machine to me at the time. Oh well!
            When I bought mine, I'd never heard of Hydrema ducks ..... it came up on ebay and I'd been looking for a good duck for ages.
            Lots of frantic research and then drove the 500 mile (800 kliks) round trip to see it ..... and buy it.
            As I say ... best buy ever!!
            It was the only Hydrema duck in the UK, until last year, when one of the guys on t'other was so impressed by mine that he investigated a new one and replaced his Atlas with an MX14 .... he'd had various Atlas,s for years ....
            and so there were two ...
            recently someone in Scotland (who bought Rob's old Atlas) has just bought an MX too ....
            so now there are three!!

Rob's on record as saying, he'd have another in a heart beat

They are such well built, massively engineered, machines and as I say, punch way beyond their weight
            The M1500 will lift 10 tonnes
            M15000A UK.english.jpg IMG_5544 drema cropped full size.jpg
            Last edited by v8druid; 05-12-2016, 11:56 PM. Reason: punctuation

Comment

• That's som lifting capability for it's weight I envy you

Ah, AtlasRob! Know of the guy. Have been drooling over the mx14 since it came out

The latest drool-producer have been this one tho. Probably mostly because I'm nordic and that's a Volvo

Comment

That's som lifting capability for it's weight I envy you

Ah, AtlasRob! Know of the guy. Have been drooling over the mx14 since it came out

The latest drool-producer have been this one tho. Probably mostly because I'm nordic and that's a Volvo
                Yeh it's some capacity that eh!!

Good bloke Rob ..... he's had a half an hour in my 'Drema and tried the VA-r, when he called in for a cuppa earlier this year. He's a very lucky chap to have that MX14, but then it does earn him his living

That Ovlov is quite a smart tool, but still has a bigger bum than the M1500 ...... but then so does the MX14 !!

She is one compact machine and well ahead of its time really

MX14_svingcirkel_annotated.jpg GB+specs++M1500_1.jpg

Comment

Yeh it's some capacity that eh!!

Good bloke Rob ..... he's had a half an hour in my 'Drema and tried the VA-r, when he called in for a cuppa earlier this year. He's a very lucky chap to have that MX14, but then it does earn him his living

That Ovlov is quite a smart tool, but still has a bigger bum than the M1500 ...... but then so does the MX14 !!

She is one compact machine and well ahead of its time really
                  Hehehe! Ever considered starting a Hydrema dealership??

Aye, the Volvo seems a bit clumpy tbh..

Yeah, waaay ahead of its time on the compact side of things! Very good reach too

Comment

Hehehe! Ever considered starting a Hydrema dealership??

Aye, the Volvo seems a bit clumpy tbh..

Yeah, waaay ahead of its time on the compact side of things! Very good reach too
                    Funny you should say that .....
                    I never did get the commission on that MX14 sale ......
                    Mind you,
                    Hydrema's service manager, Paul, did incredibly kindly donate their copies of the workshop manuals for mine and most of their range, when I had my hydraulic problems with the 'Drema a while back.

Reckon that'd more than cover that. Would have taken some sorting out, without the hydraulic circuit dia.s and schematics

I was very grateful to him, a good bloke and a terrific gesture, even if I was the only fella to ever call about the M1500 ..... seeing as I've got the only one in the UK .....

I'd sell 'em all day long ..... they'd take some beating as a machine ..... but you only get what you pay for ! They're some tool

Now if I can just find a nice, cheap R800 to go with the M1500 ..... life would be complete

Comment

• Not bad! That's some service

Hmm.. I bet the tracked are just as good, but I would question the spare parts accessability. But your a crafty bloke tho

Comment

Not bad! That's some service

Hmm.. I bet the tracked are just as good, but I would question the spare parts accessability. But your a crafty bloke tho

Dare say most parts are some one else's bits .... just sourcing what is what really .... fabricated bits are Hydrema .. mechanicals/hydraulics/etc. are the best they can buy ... like Rexroth ..... I'd take the chance for the right machine/money

Comment

Dare say most parts are some one else's bits .... just sourcing what is what really .... fabricated bits are Hydrema .. mechanicals/hydraulics/etc. are the best they can buy ... like Rexroth ..... I'd take the chance for the right machine/money
                          So would I

Comment

So would I
                            Just form an orderly queue ........ behind me

Comment

• Well ..... the poxy weather is enough to make you spit !!!!!!
                              Lake is well up, again...

and rising ...... again !!

Been foggy as **** here for days, on/off and I said sod it yesterday afternoon, donned 'the gear' and went and did summat!!

Haven't run the old girl up in a good two weeks, so got her well warmed up and set about dismantling the flail, off it's extension arm, as I want to make it an alternate/a n other bracket ... you'll see why when I get it done.

Forgot to get a pic of the lift, but stuck a pin through the arm's 50mm boss and slung a hook off each end of it for the chains .... gave me a bit of extra reach to park it on the small bench, out the way and easily accessible for bracket sussing.
                              I know how/what I'm gonna do .. just need to get it measured/dimensioned, 'fore setting about it.

Then dropped said arm on t'other bench, for stripping off the few bits of it that're gonna get utilised for the alternate mount.

Then it ****ing pissed down .... so that was about it for the day's available light!!

'Kin sheep continues to grace us with its presence ......

I have now lost count of the amount of times it's been frog marched back up to its field gate .... it got its marching orders yet again, after this pic, having been discovered feasting on Pam's plants!!

cocky little shit that it is .....

.....it's now leaping anything in sight and has started venturing into the neighbour's orchard too ... if it gets in with her pet sheep, there'll be hell on !!
                              They were all 'sposed to have gone by now !!

Yesterday morning's challenge was a 3D jigsaw .... and surprisingly 'challenging' it was too!!

don't often look at the 'destructions' for summat ... but it was a must for this one .... even then it needed a relative degree of thought and nouse to get the various odd/handed bits, just right .. some were just the odd mil or two different ... but wouldn't interchange. ... Well they would, but then the screws wouldn't line up and no reference to which was which !!

Can just imagine yer 'average Joe' tackling this 'Little Tike' !! Come back Ikea....all is forgiven !!

Have to say ...... well impressed with the quality and the design of this...

.... and has quite a good age range

..... oh and thoroughly impressed by the hidden mechanism that steers the front wheel, from the pedestrian handle at the rear .... very VERY clever !!

then spent most of yesterday evening on my knees ..... preying to the boiler God ..... Pam informed me tea time that her daughter's boiler had 'stopped playing' .... so had to trek off down there to see why ...... it's an old girl now and a bit of a 'Trigger's broom'!!
                              I've kept it going for the last 15 years or more with some Druid magic, a few new bits as required and regular TLC/servicing.
                              The mechanical side of it is a POP .... straight forward blown kero burner and associated control bits ..... the electronic bits that make all the 'associated bits' talk to each other, are a different story ..... all mechanicals checked out fine ..... so a new box of 'trickery' got ordered this morning .... can't see what else it could be ..... fingers crossed !!

Comment

• That thing need an engine Druid! Make it happend

Comment

Working...
                                X