• Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Stock View Post
    Hvem en gammel pikk du gobler skitt?

Terex Finlay at work,,,,,,,,,,,,,
    no idea how that translator of yours work, but that dosnt make sense at all

Comment

• Originally posted by Nobody View Post
      no idea how that translator of yours work, but that dosnt make sense at all
      I'll translate it myself..........
      "Who are you calling an old fart you gobshite....................."
      A driven man with a burning passion.

Comment

LOL

We need a 'like' button Muz

Maskinisten style
        If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

Comment

• been a pissy wet, damp ol' day here .... cab was dry though!

Got a bit damp sticking the VA-r and Cranab on, but soon dried out.

Bit of crazy paving ..... with gert lumps ..... need to find some more in that heap .... lots over the back, but couldn't reach the damned things!!

dropped the Cranab off, stuck a 12" on and dug it away from me to start, to keep the shite out the land drain ...
            real head twister ...
            working away cock-eyed, offset, with the VA-r, but got there ....
            got as far as I could reach and then pulled the last couple of feet back with the edge .....
            but still couldn't reach it all,

....... so a bit of a channel got 'Excalibur-ed' after tea, to get the water draining!!

VA-r back off, next and a big toothed bucket on back'ards to turn that heap over a bit ...... there's loads of big lumps in there somewhere .... at the bottom !!!!!

Get some more put down and then I can get on it !! ...... to reach some more !

What else d'yer do on a pissy wet May day ..... the ground's like cheesecake again and the forecast for the week is shite !!!!!!
            If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

• That looks pretty cool druid! Feel your pain! Been cheesecake jelly here too the past seven days! It sure has a way of lower ones motivation

Comment

That looks pretty cool druid! Feel your pain! Been cheesecake jelly here too the past seven days! It sure has a way of lower ones motivation

Aye, doesn't it just ..... gone from very drive-able with a talcum powder top to slurry, over night, in a torrential night last Thursday (appropriate really .. Thor's day ) and has pee-ed down on and off since .... as the water indicates !!

Glad you like the 'crazy paving' .... could do with some more of the bigger lumps, which're buried, so gonna have to turn the pile over, as said last night.

Peeing down here all night and again this morning ...... but the water level has dropped substantially

Might put a coat on in a minute and go take a look at the field ....... just to really piss me off

Need to get Jakie B in there to level it all off ......... so it will need to be DRY !!!

Comment

• Originally posted by v8druid View Post
                  We need a 'like' button Muz
                  Ask... and you sometimes get but some times the answer is ....
                  Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

• Originally posted by Muz View Post
                    Ask... and you sometimes get but some times the answer is ....

Comment

• what you can't see in the pix, is a lot of that crap, is 6" concrete blocks with pseudo rock face render.

there's a guy around here who used to be very clever at it .... and when the barn was converted in the 80's/90's, it was very popular.

all the lumps buried in't tump, are from a retaining wall beside the drive, which collapsed .... due to crap/inadequate drainage and water build up pushed the bloody lot over one day .....apparently !!

There is a lot of rock too, but not the greatest of rock ... ranges from pretty soft/crumbly/stratified, to crap mudstone, that just crumbles with a bit of weight on it.

Granted there are a few better lumps at the bottom of all this crap .... as you've seen ..... and drooled over ..... previously .

been lashing down here most of the day; combine that with visitors and little has gotten done today, other than top up the 'Drema's fuel tank and stuff a few smaller lumps between the bigger ones. Oh and copious coffee consumption.

view of the ' yellow brick road ', off the top of the 'Drema, whilst I was fueling her and ....

.......the top level, looking relatively flat(ter) ........ and lower!!

Hopefully, it will be a bit drier tomorrow, to get some more down / done !!

Comment

• Originally posted by v8druid View Post
                        Aye, doesn't it just ..... gone from very drive-able with a talcum powder top to slurry, over night, in a torrential night last Thursday (appropriate really .. Thor's day ) and has pee-ed down on and off since .... as the water indicates !!

Glad you like the 'crazy paving' .... could do with some more of the bigger lumps, which're buried, so gonna have to turn the pile over, as said last night.
                        What dont you know! that day is still kinda called thors day in norway btw Torsdag. The olde norse name Thor is written Tor now, and dag=day

Looks kind of natural or vintage to me, wich is nice
                        Concidered making an inlet with a "sand trap" (directly translated, sure it's called something else) for that drainage btw?
                        Last edited by Nobody; 16-05-2017, 09:09 PM.

Comment

What dont you know! that day is still kinda called thors day in norway btw Torsdag. The olde norse name Thor is written Tor now, and dag=day

Looks kind of natural or vintage to me, which is nice
                          Considered making an inlet with a "sand trap" (directly translated, sure it's called something else) for that drainage btw?
                          LOL Boyo .... be surprised what's filed away in the old Druid grey matter ..... some of it surfaces occasionally ..... but getting harder to recall it, than it used to be ..... bloody annoying at times

I have tried to keep as much crap out of those land drains as I could .... but have all but given up !! ...
                          the phrase here would be 'sediment trap' .....
                          there's a good 60cm of clean (or at least it was when it went in there ) 40mm stone with a 15cm pipe under it all, in a 30cm wide trench, running down from there, to a network lower down the patch .... all under the planings now
                          Also a perimeter land drain around the edge of the patch ..... runs behind the boxes there, at the base of the bank/batter .....
                          flows like a river .... can pour water into it all day and it disappears into the network.

I may excavate a bit further into the drain under the planings to find some cleaner stone .... and maybe even the pipe end, once i've gotten that shittier bit sorted a bit better and ready for some 40mm fill.

It's all such a sticky mess ATM ****ing weather

Comment

• The drainage sounds solid then

Sediment trap, learned something new there

Comment

The drainage sounds solid then

Sediment trap, learned something new there
                              Aye .... there's quite a network of drains .... having spent a very wet winter, sussing just where it all comes from..... and liked to go to it now goes where I want it to

it has ABSOLUTELY pissed down here, all day

Nothing to report, aside from a rude awakening, ... when one of the cats deposited 'Thumper's' younger cousin on the bed, first thing .....
                              which then proceeded to run around the place like a loon ......
                              'til I caught the cat ........
                              then the wabbit .....
                              and repatriated said bunny to the paddock, which is where I guessed Squeak had ambushed him from .......

and yes it was pissing down then too ..... I got a little bit wet !!

"to add insult to injury" it stopped just before it got dark and gave us this ......

just to take the piss

It had better be nice tomorrow

Comment

• Hahaha nice view tho
                                Pissing down here at the moment if it helps your mood

Comment

Working...
                                X