Druidic exploits of a various nature!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ianoz View Post
    Good to hear your on the mend , Bit of a buggeR yOU MISSED OUT ON THE SHOW < BUT THERE IS ALWAYS NEXT YEAR
    feeling much more like it today thanks Ian ..... bloody show is 2 yearly jobbie though ..... can not believe my (bad) luck
    If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

• evening all .... hardware malfunction seems to have passed and the old bod is behaving as it should (for me anyway - and that'll do).

Just started mowing the grass, Sunday, when the kids made an unscheduled arrival with the lil' un and two vehicles .... on their way to great grand dad's for lunch and the window on their fiesta was having a moment ... fully open !!

once I'd found all the hidden screws and concealed fixings ...... to get the door card off ... wasn't too bad ...

... and have to give it to Henry's boys ... 'twere a doddle to get at the offending whirry thingemy that was making all the right noises .... but doing sod all in the window windy uppy dept.!!
      nice mechanical fault .... better than a leccy issue any day. Snapped/sheared plastic spline drive cog coming out the motor, but with the cable window regulator on this, it's also what keeps the damned thing up, as well as getting it there to start with.

... Job for the JB Weld (Devcon in a tube) ... stripped it off, stuck it and left it to cook under a halogen bench lamp .... got back to the car only to find the bloody wind had slammed the door .....on the **@$!&* door release, dangling from the door and snapped the cable retaining clip ....

got the motor back in after an hours cooking, with the window firmly in the up and closed position ..... and disconnected the motor .. didn't trust the ol' JB that much ..... was a very small piece of plastic to glue together, with a huge amount of torque being exerted upon it.

then took me longer to cobble the release cable back in and keep it there, than the rest of it all combined !!

new motor will be here in the a.m. ...... still trying to find a clip !!!!

Monday / Tuesday were Clara-fied, so not a lot got did in my 'camp' ..... she's learnt to climb and views everything as a challenge to be conquered
      .... daren't turn yer back on her as she's still developing and honing her skills in that dept.!!
      Everything here is one big challenge !!

Wednesday dawned dry, bright and very pleasant .... First thing on the agenda was level and tidy the bottom of me drainage channel in the middle of the crazy paved area .... under water, damned near side on and slot the arisings in't dumper, for a trip up the field!!

I'll see what it's like once the water level's disappeared, but having settled to clarity, it didn't look too bad .... this morning.

20 T of clean 40mm limestone and 40 T of planings ordered and arrival is imminent (hopefully)!!

Topped up the first load with what was hanging about in the corner, plus another half load to clear that, before tidying the edge of the ramp a bit and finding the latest 'buried item' ........

.......... before dropping the VA-r off, in favor of my favorite 3 footer and set about the top of the ramp, where I'd had to leave off when it pee-ed down, after the last muck moving session.

The carpet wasn't the only find for the day and progress was painfully slow, sorting all manner of crap and a.n.other 'mother lode' of concrete blockwork.

Only managed a grand total of four dismally slow, hard won loads to tip.

On the 'up side', I did get a hell of a lot of crushed blockwork to spread about ....

..having given it all the back of the bucket's edge to crush it all down to crumbs, atop of me exposed 'mutha of a boulder' and spread it about .

the top is now all one continuous level (least the bit that got attacked last is) and tomorrow (hopefully-weather permitting) it's going down another 15"-ish to the top of the rock layer, from the ramp back, this time, to start with at least, 'til I get well around the corner and run out of standing room, for the 'Drema to sit on.

Sky is not looking quite so clever tonight, but now't forecast in the way of precipitation..... hope not.....got that bloody carpet spread out drying .... ready for the burning bin, once it's dry enough ...... and dark !!

Already burnt one drum full of crap I unearthed yesterday, last night ... been warm, sunny and windy here all day, but Clara-fied ... this is as close as I got to me 'Drema today .....

order of inspection, on arrival, is "Dumper grand dad" ...... "digger" ...... "mow mows grand dad " (ride on mowers) ... closely followed by anything of interest, if me (tool)box door is open .....

she really is quite a character

just been and checked on me carpet and rolled it up .... nice & dry .. (and undercover, in case) ....... ready to go up in SMOKE !!

Job for tomorrow evening

ON EDIT

forgot to say that Clara has recently been introduced to the pleasures of the local park's playground and loves the swings. Bought her a seat last week, ready to make her one, but she discovered it 'hiding' in a corner this morning ..... so we had to have a bit of an improvised 'knock up' PDQ .....

'Nother job on the never ending list of 'to dos'
      Last edited by v8druid; 15-06-2017, 10:54 PM.
      If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

• Sorry druid! But better late than never ;) congratulations on turning 60!

Comment

• SIXTY !

You're a mere slip of a lad still wet behind the ears !

Comment

• Originally posted by Nobody View Post
            Sorry druid! But better late than never ;) congratulations on turning 60!
            Cheers Boyo ....... the body's 60 ..... the head has several modes, ranging from 19 upwards, depending on what i'm doing .... got a couple of years to go for me 21st ..... all downhill then

Comment

• Originally posted by AndrewMawson View Post
              SIXTY !

You're a mere slip of a lad still wet behind the ears !
              I'll wear that hat .... no problem can I quote you on that as and when necessary

Comment

• Call this morning From Mike Whistance to say me 40mm clean'd be on it's way this afternoon, so thought I'd better juggle a few bits about.

was gonna use the two big lumpers to tip between, but with 40 ton of planings coming shortly too, decided to move 'em out the way as was gonna need all available space for 60 ton of stuff.

must put the gauge on this one tomorrow, but don't think it's down ....

...... Just had a hell of a lot of weight on that corner

'Tother one was even heavier, but got that one square on the arse, for 4 wheel support ... had to .... only way to keep all four corners on the deck.

must put a chain on these and the dynamometer ... see just how bloody heavy they are!!!!

Stone turned up earlier than expected, so good job I sorted these out first thing

and then Alex arrived shortly after, with me beam ..... for repair !!!!!

rolled off the lorry, when he was getting moved and nose dived a few feet onto the deck.......roller first

C'est la vie .... no one hurt .... other than the bearing

New one should be here in the morning and cheap enough

ten minutes to swap and be as good as new .... all ready for me planings, when they arrive !

Have had a good day today..... other than all the various crap I've dug up .... again!!

yet more bloody carpet !!!!!

another haul of Bluey and some cast stench pipe .... me scrappy's gonna love the copper

and a load more blocks for crushing on the Druid's altar....

makes real nice crumb-ey fill for blinding in on the crap already down.

another dozen loads towards 'the cause .......

More comprehensive report on the day's progress tomorrow ... I'm off to bed ..... lots of pix in the bucket

Comment

• Originally posted by v8druid View Post
                  Cheers Boyo ....... the body's 60 ..... the head has several modes, ranging from 19 upwards, depending on what i'm doing .... got a couple of years to go for me 21st ..... all downhill then
                  I'm a newborn compared to you, but I know the feeling only my head starts somewhere around 8 years old

Comment

• You're as old as the girl you feel !

Comment

• Originally posted by AndrewMawson View Post
                      You're as old as the girl you feel !
                      Jeezus ...... she's a granny

Comment

• Originally posted by v8druid View Post
                        Jeezus ...... she's a granny
                        LOL yeah , but there are some hot grannies out there Cher , Tina Turner .

Comment

• Originally posted by ianoz View Post
                          LOL yeah , but there are some hot grannies out there Cher , Tina Turner .
                          Oh Yeh !!!!!

Comment

• Theres nothing like going off topic eh ? ... checked in here to bone up on the latest tips and tricks, to find you lot doing the same about hot grannies?
                            Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

• Originally posted by Muz View Post
                              Theres nothing like going off topic eh ? ... checked in here to bone up on the latest tips and tricks, to find you lot doing the same about hot grannies?
                              .... just edumacating the youngsters Muz ...... keeping the 'brethren' informed

Comment

• End of play Saturday evening ........

..... although not a huge number of loads, a significant 'hole' in the task.

would've 'happened' a whole lot quicker, without having to sort a lot of the crap out as I went, turning it all over and sifting out the lumps of block work

plenty of well stuffed loads went up the hill and down into the field tip area

and we were soon heading in the right direction ..... down and along the rock strata bed

.... which is pretty flat and good an hard

... once I'd started to 'lose' the pre-tipped/buried crap, it soon progressed well

8 pm Friday evening and it was a gentle and careful 'hop down' of the upper level, round a corner ... 'twere an interesting maneuvre ..... but I made it

mental note to self .... try not to end up at 90 deg.s, side on, to the step yer's gonna need to hop down off later

a great sunset that evening ......

getting back up the next morning, wasn't quite so bad ..... I'd had a bit of practice ..... the night before

.....and tidied the edge up a bit

Comment

Working...
                                X