Druidic exploits of a various nature!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• job knackered this morning ..... ****ing pee-ing down here ATM

just as I was thinking how nice it is to actually have a summer for once .. even got a decent suntan on me legs, for the first time in years ..... well at least the bits below me shorts ...... and above me boots
    If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

• well the day's gotten no better .... worse if anything !! ... sat here expecting the heating to come on at any moment

yesterday was thankfully a lot better and glad I did a few things, that are gonna be out of the question 'til it dries again .....

little un got lifted down off its perch on top of the high level, as it was looking a bit precarious ....

never ceases to amaze me just how well Charlie Hodna's motor on it starts ..... every time !!

had a bit of a head scratch as to where to park it for now and stuck it in front of the rock / rubble pile ..... not likely to run it over there!

leveled off that corner where the pond collected last time it rained and made sure it'd drain out the channel ... today's deluge was forecast !!

Tore up a bit more shaley conglomerate for some fill in the corner, to 'blind in' a load of 4"-ish lumps that I'd slung in the corner as I've been sorting...

and got some more clean 40mm down to extend the drain channel and picked the top of it up a bit along its length to come up with the pre-finish crush level ...

sat in that spot gets me dead level all round and can reach just about all of it from there.
      ripped out a bit more of the side of the ramp .....

.... and was going tear out a lump on t'other side where the buckets're usually parked, with a toother, but ran out of time .... had to be in town for a 5:10 vet's appointment ...... Squeaky mog has not been his best the last few days, coughing and wheezing like an old man ... follow up from a visit Sat. a.m. where he'd had a few jabs and a bunch of tab.s to get on top of a probable infection .... poor lil' bugger sounded rough Friday night.

anyway ... as usual they were running late and 'twere gone six 'fore we got out and I headed for Aldi for a quick hit whilst I was in town.

Dunno who was more ready for his tea; him or me, by the time we got back !!

good job I'd parked her up before I went, as had considered being able to do a bit more after a quick trip into town ......

...no such thing, when the vets're involved!!

had a bit of time after tea so got the bearing on the grading beam changed ....

in anticipation of perhaps getting some use of it shortly ... it's gonna roll that crush down nice with a little applied pressure from the 'Drema !!

thought the head plate felt bloody heavy, when I lifted it down from where it'd been, attached to the flail's mount arm, sat on top of that sleeper pile, after I'd unbolted it .....

.... had forgotten it was THAT heavy !!!!!

Also got Alex's head plate re-attached to his HPX, in anticipation of him picking it up shortly, as he needs to use it on his current new project.
      If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

• I really can not believe it .....
        the bloody heating has just kicked in!
        July be ****ed

will be snow on high ground forecast next

was almost too warm for comfort yesterday

Comment

• Originally posted by v8druid View Post
          I really can not believe it .....
          the bloody heating has just kicked in!
          July be ****ed

will be snow on high ground forecast next

was almost too warm for comfort yesterday
          Sure it's not just your own thermometer going a little crazy old man??

Comment

• Originally posted by Nobody View Post
            Sure it's not just your own thermometer going a little crazy old man??
            No bloody cold here the otherr night.......... well the wife said it was............
            A driven man with a burning passion.

Comment

• came on again this morning real cold north wind here ....... even SWMBO complained she was cold and she's always 'too hot'
              'Sposed to be 20+C by lunch time .... we'll see

Need some heat and wind to dry it all out again
              'Least it has stopped 'persisting' down

Comment

• Originally posted by Stock View Post
                No bloody cold here the otherr night.......... well the wife said it was............
                Originally posted by v8druid View Post
                came on again this morning real cold north wind here ....... even SWMBO complained she was cold and she's always 'too hot'
                'Sposed to be 20+C by lunch time .... we'll see

Need some heat and wind to dry it all out again
                'Least it has stopped 'persisting' down
                Hm.. got really cold over here also today! Been almost too hot through the weekend untill today :/

Comment

• 2100 last night and it were a sweltering 19 deg C felt like I were on fire
                  A driven man with a burning passion.

Comment

2100 last night and it were a sweltering 19 deg C felt like I were on fire
                    19 at 2100?? That calls for one thing only.. Sitting still on the porch with a beer in hand

Comment

• had a go at t'other side yesterday ... shifted a lot of the crush off it, shot some 40mm clean into the drainage channel and set about flatting it out a bit .....

wasn't looking too bad last night and the ramp, etc. was drying nicely ...

Pond to fill next !! ...... and sort the rock out of the batter at the corner !!

Clara all day today 'til 5 ..... at which point it had to have it .... ramp was sufficiently dry to get onto and this lump of rock had to go .....

4 ft toothed got some exercise this evening ...

needed some more width to get up and down as i'm pretty close to the edge ATM ....

which also had to go !!

Bit more tidying to do in the morning ....

assuming it doesn't pee down again .... been black as night here all afternoon and I'm really REALLY surprised we didn't get piddled on !!

slung the 'arisings' into the pond, as I wanted some of the nice blocks that were ripping out rather nicely, to edge the drainage channel....

crush some of the shaley conglomerate that also landed in there on a boulder tomorrow assuming the ramp is still passable

sort any shite that needs sorting and then blind it all over with plenty of crush .... then beam & roller time to pack that side down a bit, before tracking it in some !

Waved bye bye to an old friend last night ....

Nigel Carr and Lister Gerrick turned up to pick up me old Becket RD400. Nige had seen it when he was down with Lister a week or so ago ... and had to have it !!

One of those jobs that never seems to get done .... and desperately in need of major TLC.
                      Have had it since 1984 .... and it was one quick RD ... with a genuine 14k on the dial, Nigel should have plenty of goodness left in it, to wring out ... once he's given it the attention it needs and deserves ... last MOT-ed and used enthusiastically in '86 ..... Poor old girl deserves some attention.

Made a nice bit of space in the toy box and after a reshuffle of its stable mates ..... even more space.

Pam didn't believe I'd sold it, 'til she actually saw it leave site !!!

Won't be making a habit of it, any time soon though .... man can never have enough toys !!!

Comment

Hm.. got really cold over here also today! Been almost too hot through the weekend untill today :/
                        sent it over ..... special delivery on a Southerly ..... great believer in sharing

Comment

2100 last night and it were a sweltering 19 deg C felt like I were on fire
                          you sure you weren't ..... you pyromaniac, you

Originally posted by Nobody View Post
                          19 at 2100?? That calls for one thing only.. Sitting still on the porch with a beer in hand
                          Feet up with a cool one sounds fine ..... as long as it ain't beer ... haven't drunk in 30 odd years and can't handle the taste any more ..... now't against it and each to his own ... just don't imbibe any more .... still sobering up from my college days ... hell we could put it away then

Comment

• OK ... after that brief 'interlude' .... a return to my more usual subject, which you're probably all getting a tad bored with, by now ....

seems I got a bit over enthusiastic on Thursday evening in the 'Manuel Labori' dept. and rather pissed my spleen off .. a lot more than usual, resulting in a very bad night, even worse day and a not quite as bad night Friday !!!

Was cursing myself for (a) being so ****ing dull and (b) not being able to take advantage of a glorious day, without the lil' un about. PLUS .. it was Brightwells auctions, with a hell of a lot of interesting gear.

Alex was there and kept me 'informed' but, without having been down to have a shufty, didn't really have much idea of what was what, other than the catalogue pix.

He had a good day though and we may have been tossing a coin a few times if I'd been there too, to see who got to bid on what.

Anyway ... he had to collect it all Saturday morning and with now't at home to offload it again, was coming up to me with the spoils, as they'd all need some mod.-ing anyway.
                            I'd just about sobered up from all the tramadols, by the time he got here and had to shift Jakie and the Thwaites about a bit so's he could turn the van and trailer around.

Thwaites looks quite at home in what may well be its new parking spot, for a while ....

Had to unhitch his trailer, as his HPX was going in the back of the van for Monday morning's job and was six and two threes about what got loaded/unloaded first.

First off was a real nice Bomford flail head, very similar to mine ...

Followed by a hell of a nice Kinshoffer grapple / grab ....

a real beast of a thing ... plus a very nice, shiny, new 750 riddle bucket ... that's gonna need 'the Druid's touch' in the pin dept. !!

slipped the HPX into the back of the van, after we'd swapped the mount bolts for some nice new 12.9 HTs ... should cure the stretching issues and leaks, caused by the same and he shot off home, after we'd had a good ogle of the spoils .... especially that grapple .... there may be some discussions on that one !!!

Some stuff down there did the usual and went ballistic ..... set of HPX shells, brand new/unused, made more than new price ..... by a lot !!!!
                            Alex 'mopped up' the odd bargain !!!

Rest of the day was Clara-fied, so not a lot got did .... again and today being Sunday, has been pretty much the same.

My body's been behaving though, so .....
                            the morning's forecast bright, dry and sunny, so I'll hopefully get a lot done tomorrow ....
                            'Manuel Labori' is deffo not on the cards for a while though. Stick pulling and general light duties'll be the order of the week !!

Comment

• Originally posted by v8druid View Post
                              sent it over ..... special delivery on a Southerly ..... great believer in sharing
                              Well stop sharing already!! It's late autumn over here now in the middle of juli

Originally posted by v8druid View Post

Feet up with a cool one sounds fine ..... as long as it ain't beer ... haven't drunk in 30 odd years and can't handle the taste any more ..... now't against it and each to his own ... just don't imbibe any more .... still sobering up from my college days ... hell we could put it away then
                              what country did you say you where from??

Sad to hear your body is acting up.. speedy recovery to you Make more handy attachments and lay off the labouring

Comment

Well stop sharing already!! It's late autumn over here now in the middle of juli

what country did you say you where from??

Sad to hear your body is acting up.. speedy recovery to you Make more handy attachments and lay off the labouring
                                Lol, LOL and might just be a good idea ..... we had that sort of weather, 'fore I sent it over to you guys ..... shite ain't it!!

TBH I wasn't really doing that much, that strenuous .... least not in my eyes ..... spleen had other ideas .. apparently

Comment

Working...
                                X