Druidic exploits of a various nature!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by v8druid View Post

" Hi matey. Thought you would like to know i passed my Degree in Construction Management today.
    Thank you for putting a firm root in my career path
    "

How thoughtful .. and rewarding for you ?
    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

• Originally posted by Muz View Post
      How thoughtful .. and rewarding for you ?
      aye ..... Duncan was a great lad who grew into a lovely guy with terrific skills. He took tremendous pride in anything he did
      'Twas a sad day to lose him .... but great to hear he has done so well.
      Not seen him in a couple of years now ... but we do keep in touch.

was always the joker and had a bit of a penchant for crisp bag oxy bombs ... small but bloody loud

DUNCAN .jpg
      If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

• ****ing weather ......

we had yet another inch of bloody white shite here again Sunday night !!!!!!!

is this poxy weather ever going to end ???????

followed by torrential downpours all night and half the day Monday !!!

least it washed it away ... mostly.... but.....

there's a 2' deep x 3' wide channel under here full of clean 40mm stone .....

which was obviously also full ..... never had water standing there before .... drains were all running full bollo and our lawn was floating like a magic carpet ride !!!

going to take months for the ground to dry to a workable consistency

bit drier today and the water level has receded ....... down the drain ..... which is still going well

have to be careful walking across the lawn in case you punch through it with your heel
        reckon it's on about 4-6" of water in places ........ un-****ing-real

we haven't had a week of dry days since last July

and finally for tonight ........

one for you to fry your mind

busy hour this morning

Focus guys .......... FOCUS !!
        If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

• started the long haul of replenishing the wood stocks Thursday.
          mate who's a tree surgeon dropped me half a load of ash and a bit of pine, wed. night, which got duly attended to in the morning

had about got half of it bagged up, when he's on the phone .... " are you at home? .... got a trailer load, if you want it" .... 'bears and woods'

so that was tomorrow's job sorted

Damn me - I'd only just started to make a dent in it yesterday ......

......and he's on the 'dog & bone' again .... "aye bring it round Clive" ..... good firewood has to be had, as and when

I had a very busy day Friday ......

... 'tween blocking, chopping and keeping Charlie's carburetor devoid of crap

My arms were a few inches longer last night and me feet were dying !!

got a way to go to get this lot blocked up ..... then stashed away in me 4 wood drying cages, plus whatever else needs to be filled, to contain this lot !!!!!

Put a hold on deliveries ..... 'til I get this lot processed, anyway !!!!

may have to go see if that splitter I was fancying a while back, is still for sale soon !!

Been dry for the two days, I've been on this .... pissed down again last night and just stopped now, late afternoon
          Been Clara-ed all day till half an hour ago, so no splitter chasing happened today .... job for the morning perhaps

Comment

started the long haul of replenishing the wood stocks Thursday.
            mate who's a tree surgeon dropped me half a load of ash and a bit of pine, wed. night, which got duly attended to in the morning

had about got half of it bagged up, when he's on the phone .... " are you at home? .... got a trailer load, if you want it" .... 'bears and woods'

so that was tomorrow's job sorted

Damn me - I'd only just started to make a dent in it yesterday ......

......and he's on the 'dog & bone' again .... "aye bring it round Clive" ..... good firewood has to be had, as and when

I had a very busy day Friday ......

... 'tween blocking, chopping and keeping Charlie's carburetor devoid of crap

My arms were a few inches longer last night and me feet were dying !!

got a way to go to get this lot blocked up ..... then stashed away in me 4 wood drying cages, plus whatever else needs to be filled, to contain this lot !!!!!

Put a hold on deliveries ..... 'til I get this lot processed, anyway !!!!

may have to go see if that splitter I was fancying a while back, is still for sale soon !!

Been dry for the two days, I've been on this .... pissed down again last night and just stopped now, late afternoon
            Been Clara-ed all day till half an hour ago, so no splitter chasing happened today .... job for the morning perhaps
            ould you not make your own..............drive it off the jake or the duck............
            W
            A driven man with a burning passion.

Comment

aye ..... Duncan was a great lad who grew into a lovely guy with terrific skills.

was always the joker and had a bit of a penchant for crisp bag oxy bombs ... small but bloody loud
              Oooooh my fave too... fill a 2.5 litre juice bottle with correct mix .. hit it with anything travelling about 1000fps to do the business b.....o........o...........m
              Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Oooooh my fave too... fill a 2.5 litre juice bottle with correct mix .. hit it with anything travelling about 1000fps to do the business b.....o........o...........m
                You just strike an arc next to a crisp bag ...... 'kin loud , but virtually zero risk of injury ..... provided you're wearing a gauntlet to keep the hairs on yer hand / arm intact

Plus....... they were banned from anything bigger than 1/2 a litre indoors ..... take the bloody windows out
                a 12" balloon, out in the yard, could be heard all over town!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Stock View Post
                  ould you not make your own..............drive it off the jake or the duck............
                  W
                  yeh I could Stock, but it's time and gathering bits together ..... I can buy this one for 400 quid, as good as new - 3 point mount jobbie and run it off either the Thwaites, Jake, or I do have a 1ph pack here somewhere, but may be a bit small ... would need trying.

At 400 quid, it'd be immediately usable (almost) and could always press button B on it, at that price ... as / when summat more substantial / tailor made superseded it , but gonna need something for some of those bigger blocks.

Comment

• Charlie the chainsaw got the better of me yesterday, just as rain stopped play

had hoped to have had all the pole timber lopped up and just the lumps left to deal with ... but 'Charlie' had other ideas...

trip to the local chainsaw emporium this morning, for a carb kit .... just ain't fueling ... plenty in the lines ... can get him to run and tick over, but any demand and he just gasps and dies ...... been performing like a good un, with the odd clean, but been through everything yesterday morning and reckon the diaphragm in the fuel pump must've died
                    been lashing down and real cold here today, so thought sod it ... manyana .. had me treatment early and chilled, hoping for it to stop ... did it hell

a decent pile accumulating now though ... be time to get it in me baskets shortly and stowed away to season .

first though I need to get the storage back out ....me large pallet cages .....

seen here, full of the oak from the tree the BIL and I lopped down, a while back and which I blocked up, into the cages.
                    Phase two of said tree will be looming shortly ... if it ever dries up !!! ... that'll create some timber too

Unfortunately they'm still sat, where they were put last year ...

or was it the year before ?????? .... but devoid of their contents!!

anyway .... I've got to get them back out and up me patch to fill 'em ....
                    might just lift the front two out and fill the back two, from me 7ft bucket, on backwards, where they're sat currently.
                    might also give Alex a shout for some slinging duties, when he's free ...
                    so much easier with a pair of hands helping, who knows what he's doing !!

The more carefully they're filled, the more you get in 'em, so'll stack it into 'em a bit tidier this time .....
                    much like those bulk bags I stuffed full last week - they'm well packed .... then need to find a home for them too !!

the timber's some lovely Ash ... splits a treat, as does all the silver birch in the pile too ....
                    get Charlie back into commission to reduce some of the bigger chunks to 'block-able' sizes for splitting / burning
                    (our Morso doesn't have a very big hearth - but hell it chucks out the heat)
                    and then I'll see about storing 'em all ......
                    'fore the next few loads get organised - Alex wants one too !
                    Get it while it's there !!

Comment

You just strike an arc next to a crisp bag ...... 'kin loud , but virtually zero risk of injury ..... provided you're wearing a gauntlet to keep the hairs on yer hand / arm intact

Plus....... they were banned from anything bigger than 1/2 a litre indoors ..... take the bloody windows out
                      a 12" balloon, out in the yard, could be heard all over town!!
                      Lol .. classic ........ once filled a 500 ml but made the fatal mistake of stabbing it for the flash hole 'after' I'd filled it ..........F me I lost the front of me jersey

Comment

Lol .. classic ........ once filled a 500 ml but made the fatal mistake of stabbing it for the flash hole 'after' I'd filled it ..........F me I lost the front of me jersey
                        PMSL .....

Once got badgered by friends, at a bit of an evening gathering for nosh, that an oxy bomb demo would be fun.

It was!! ........ the ultimate 25 ltr can, as the evening wore on and Mein hosts became ever more bladdered (and daring), was kin awesomely loud .... his neighbours across the valley were ringing to see WTF the bang was.
                        the tree it was parked under, a Loooooong way down his LARGE garden (read-several acres) ......as far as the extension leads'd reach, was missing several limbs and most of its leaves ..... the only recognisable piece of the can was the cap and neck - attached to the end of the trigger lead .... the rest was just minuscule blue plastic shrapnel .....everywhere

I missed the flash, as I was indoors setting the thing off, with the extension lead switch, but it was, by all accounts ..... ****ing impressive

Comment

Charlie the chainsaw got the better of me yesterday, just as rain stopped play

Well after a trip to 'the local emporium' yesterday ..... I had the lil' bugger on the run this morning

or should that be 'running' ...... the princely sum of £5.14 acquired me enough bits to do half a dozen Walbros .... must be a universal kit ....
                          only needed a few bits out of the dozen or more 'alternates' in the bag.
                          If it'd been a bike, I dare say that lot'd've cost closer to 50 quid.!!

So ... all 'pole' bits lopped and split and started on some of the bigger lumps, which're diminishing nicely ....

got some of these lumpers 'reduced' too and blocked up ...

....and added to the heap

'til I got rained off yet again !!!!!

getting to be quite a pile though .... gonna need some more cages !!

Comment

• You can get net versions of Jumbo Bags intended for logs. Two sides are mesh to allow the air through.. Never personally used them but they look a good idea. My next years
                            Logszx are in apple boxes, slatted and pallet sized they are ok but could do with bigger gaps for the air. They have the advantage that they can be stacked one on the other.

Comment

• I use the ones that are mesh all way round .. dont really dry the logs as well as I was expecting when left outside covered

Comment

• Originally posted by AndrewMawson View Post
                                You can get net versions of Jumbo Bags intended for logs. Two sides are mesh to allow the air through.. Never personally used them but they look a good idea. My next years
                                Logszx are in apple boxes, slatted and pallet sized they are ok but could do with bigger gaps for the air. They have the advantage that they can be stacked one on the other.
                                Yeh I've seen those bags on ebay .... would imagine they're pretty fragile

Would be spud boxes around here Andrew .... have considered a few but, forks only for handling 'em and me cages'll happily stand getting slung on chain legs, for tucking into tight spots. We use spud ones as compost boxes ATM
                                Got an old customer who makes 'em and always does me a deal on them, when I'm after any

As for stacking 'em .. great in principle, but SWMBO ain't up for it ........ too 'visible'

Comment

Working...
                                X