What i was up to today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wazza View Post
    Oi did you forget your camera again today?????????? .
    Agreed! If'n Bertie can figure a way to attach his camcorder to the back window of his kit, why can't you? Come on Ian, We want to be proud of you (not that we aren't).

Originally posted by ianoz View Post
    Where does it say any thing about Show .
    Besides , If i show the scrotlanders how good it is out here .We could end up with this
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_OQWIi7g9s .
    I've been waterproofing the foundation, thus have been in the ditch alongside the concrete and looking up. Thankfully, the only other laborer onsite is Julie, and I don't mind looking up her pantlegs. Those burly fellows with scruffy red beards need to learn the joys of "packaging."

Comment

Well to start with I don't own a video camera , I own a JCB that keeps me poor remember .
      Did another block cut today Managed to once again make a silk purse out of a sows ear . The block had a 15 degree batter dropping down from the footpath About 1500 mm up the batter was the front of the house As there was a sewer main at the back of the block we could not move the house back .With 800 mm cross fall to start with i ended up with a dead level pad 500 cut out of the front ,and 300 of fill at the back . Cheated a bit with the footpath ,and steepened the batter up.Still kept it less than the 25 degrees allowed . Result another happy Builder .

Comment

Well today ,finished one block off ,and moved two blocks up to the next one. Worked my little Arse off and finished the second one . Got about 300 Mts of fill now sitting on the block next door. Now all I got to do is load and cart it away . Plus the 200 mts sitting next to the other block .

Comment

You are sitting on a tidy sum at $20.00 per metre ...

Comment

One day that i am glad is over .
            First footing was absolute crappy digging . Got hard ,and I could see the cracks in the corner of the bucket opening up each time i hit a hard spot . Used the ripper alot to help protect the bucket . Got it finished and called in to home to fuel up before heading to the next footing .. Got to the next one ,went to drop the mud bucket off to put the 300 mm digging bucket on,and the quick hitch would not release . Builder in a big panic ,as he has concretors Concrtete pump , inspections all booked for the morning, Plus bricks turning up as well .. Took it back home , found the pin at the end of the ram broke in half . Pulled the hitch apart and Allan lathed down a pin . Put it all back together ,And back on to the job at 5.30 PM . Kept digging till it was done .Rang the builder to tell him to cancel the cancelations .. Back there in the morning to load and cart fill with Allans Mack .

Comment

Is that a hydraulic coupler you have on your machine Ian?

Comment

Ian, that's the difference between you and others. You have a good work ethic and you did what you could to get the job done and keep a client happy. A lot of guys I know would have just pulled off the job and told the GC to re-schedule. Good man.

Comment

Originally posted by 245dlc View Post
                  Is that a hydraulic coupler you have on your machine Ian?
                  Yes Bert , But nothing fancy . Does not tilt or turn . Just lets me change buckets without getting greasey hands .

Comment

Hi Bruce , It started off trying to get a headstart on it . But it was digging so nicely, I swicthed the lights on and kept going untill it was done .
                    Concretor working up the road came and saw me today, He had a backhoe dig two footings yesterday and today ..One footing was too close to the retaining wall,and with a door on that side ,they wanted the whole footing moved a metre sideways . Too busy was all i could tell him .

Comment

Well today , Got loading and carting the excess fill from the block cuts . With the help of another truck for a few hours ,we managed to turn the mountain into a hill .. The main project for the day was to cart fill over to a block that i had leveled a couple of weeks ago .It had been left as a batter on the lower side by the developers ,and a retaining wall was now built . We were told atleast 10 loads were required .I took one to start with and the other truck took 2 . I did not see the end result , but was told they had a heap left over . We carted loads to other blocks , then started carting back to our home stockpile .

Comment

Monday today ,Which meant a Pool Dig . Then in the afternoon dug a House footing .

Comment

Another day , another dollar . Bit of an update . Monday was labor day Public holiday here ., Well I was labouring on the cat 939 Drott , clearing for a fenceline, then clearing some lantana and Wattle trees . Yesterday I had some Trees to dig out , Cut and loaded the mill logs for the local sawmill . Then stacked the heads and stumps for burning .Today i went back and started leveling the house site . Right ,a couple of photos . First couple are of the timber stacked ready to burn

Comment

Comment

this is a look down the block

Comment

the drott pushing .

Comment

Working...
                                X