No announcement yet.

Progress On The House Site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Better put the roof on Bruce before the full force of winter hits and turns it into a swimming pool ,or is it mostly sleet and snow you get ...

Comment

Nice work Bruce. To bad those guys threw the dirt so far away, that was pretty common for me when I was backfilling basements, the concrete guys we dealt with always wanted little roadways allover the place so they could pull up with their pick up trucks close to the hole when they were putting up the forms. Some of our operators were a little more easy going towards the concrete people, and others of us (like me) focused more on getting the job done safely and efficiently and flatly refused some of their requests... he he he he!

Comment

Another Couple Of Hours Backfilling

A delay in my materials gave me some extra time to drop in some more backfill. Since I last posted the pics, I came down with the bubonic plague (or a cold that felt like it), so not much happened on the jobsite other than some snow. It's supposed to thunderstorm by Weds with temps into the 50's (F), so all the snow and frost will be gone until the next arctic blast from Beries neighborhood. Here's a couple of pictures taken by my lovely assistant :wub:
        Attached Files

Comment

Lol thought I'd share of our lovely weather. But love seeing all the care you took into insulating those walls and that Cat in all its glory. Just need to get you guys making some videos it's a lot easier than you might think. If I can do it anybody can do it. lol

Comment

FINALLY!!!

Between trying to get over a lingering cold that, it seems, everyone has whereby it takes several weeks to work through the system, crappy weather and rousting my carpenter crew (of 1 so far) to make time for me, I managed to spend the day Monday placing the remainder of the sill plates. Accordingly, I had the load of I-joists delivered. As typical, the "late morning" delivery turned out to be the "late afternoon" delivery. Thankfully, the 933 was onsite cuz the semi couldn't get up the hill without digging in, so I towed him up. Here's a picture. Previously, my John Deere came back from the shop after replacing the fuel shut off solenoid, and I spent several hours filling in the more sensitive foundation corners and columns with it. Sorry, no pics...

Now, with the upcoming holiday and my dear old Aunt who was found on the dining room floor the other day, we have been tending to her and the hospital ICU. My Mom, who herself is not quite the energetic she used to be has taken it upon herself to attend to my Aunt, thus so she doens't get sick, we all are pitching in as can be expected. It may be a while before more gets done on the house.
            Attached Files

Comment

Sorry to hear of you family difficulties Bruce chin up though ..................Are those laminated I beams?
              A driven man with a burning passion.

Comment

We have the same sort of beam over here .

Comment

Originally posted by Stock View Post
                  Are those laminated I beams?

Those are TJIs. It's OSB board sandwiched between 2 dimensional lumber pieces. http://www.kentinternational.ca/broc...System/TJI.pdf

Comment

Working...
                  X