It's been a while... CPHQ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's been a while... CPHQ

Well, you lot seem like the only one's interested in my project, or at least the only ones who post encouraging comments. After several weeks of intensive framing, the CPHQ house is ready for a proper roof. Here are a couple pics. One is the rear elevation, the other is me and my carpenter framing in the last of the detail roof overhangs. My roofing contractor is ready to start next week. You can see the sample boards in the lower left corner of the rear pic. We chose the sample on the left. More to come if you approve
    Attached Files

Wow big looks like nice summer weather there too, hope construction goes well on it Bruce.

Comment

Its Looking good Bruce ,and my word the roof is complex .....I still think the closer trees should get the chop chop though wouldn't want them messing up the finished product after all the hard work ......

Comment

Bruce , Really looks great. Credit to you and your team . It is 4 am here , Just finished replying to your post to me on ACMOC .Planted a couple of Bruce for president seeds , hope you don't mind .
        Hey I do recall couple of the ACME guys asking for CPHQ updates .
        Yep ,Some of us do care .
        On edit , Wazza what the heck were you doing being up at 2 AM ?

Comment

Originally posted by ianoz View Post
          Planted a couple of Bruce for president seeds , hope you don't mind .
          LOL, and all along I thought we were friends...

Ian, I should post up a few pics at ACME too. I know there are a few inquiring minds there as well. I also miss the questions about who is buried in the concrete slab

Comment

Originally posted by Wazza View Post
            I still think the closer trees should get the chop chop though
            I couldnt agree more ... my only other consideration is .. which end of the house is going to be the 'gun' end .. hope youve fitted enough joists to support the ammo safes ..
            Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Bruce , I will go to the other area .OZ-D seems to know you quite well.

Comment

The week has gotten busy! This past week, the roofers have been on the job even tho it has been very hot. They have been starting at 5:00 and working until 11:30 or so. The septic system is being installed after last week's abortive start whereby the assistant is lucky to still have his head. They were placing the concrete tank bottom and couldn't get close enough to the excavation. The boss suggested taking one of the logs I left lying around and notching it on both ends, then inserting the notch into the bucket cutting edge, then the other slot would hold the chain that held the suspended tank. In effect, a hold-off. During the placement of the tank, it swayed just enough to come off the chain-notch and pinched the log to the side, sending it flying. The helper saw it coming and had just enough time to turn his head, otherwise he would have for sure broken his nose at the least. As it was, the log smashed his ear and cut it pretty well and managed to raise a knot on his head behind the ear. Crazy hillbillies! Also, the mason delivered all his material Friday to start the fireplace and chimney this coming Monday. I finished the small detail roof over the second story bathroom window and a small section over the garage wall. Julie and I are going out again this weekend to prep for next week. I will be away in Peoria for a conference at Caterpillar. It's wishful thinking, but I hope a lot gets done during those three days.

Comment

No Photos. Never mind , I am sure you will catch up on the updates when you have time .
                  It is interesting to me ,to see how it's done there .

Comment

No Photos
                    Hmm I had a problem uploading something earlier photo wise which Ive asked the techs to check on our new hosts, but its the weekend ... could be something and nothing
                    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Here Muz ,I think Bruce had overcome his photo posting problems , He just has time management problems at present ,which did not allow him to get new photos up . I am sure when things are a little less hectic ,he will update us with photos .

Comment

Sorry, I had to re-size the pics... A lot happening today... Here's one with the roof half done and another of the "log extension" just a second or two before it went flying (literally).

Hmm, one photo won't upload I'll try again. Nevermind, there it is...
                        Attached Files

Comment

The house is really taking shape .. Julie got her colour scheme worked out?.
                          Do you aggree with it?.
                          Is she looking over your shoulder as you reply?
                          I am Friends with the local paint place guy . He reckons, Most of us men could not pick a good colour scheme if our lives depended on it .Most of the girls ,are naturals at it .
                          The Septic ,Is that the full height of it ,or are the more sections to go on top of it ?. We hardly get to do Septics out here any more . Mostly all Mini Sewerage treatment plants here now . Here is a link to one of the most popular ones .
                          http://www.ozzikleen.com/
                          After treatment the water can be used on gardens . With Your Winters , I don't know weather it would be a Viable alturnitve .. When looking for extra reach ,I used to roll the bucket forward . Lot safer than their block of wood idea .

Comment

Originally posted by B4D2USA View Post
                            Sorry, I had to re-size the pics...
                            Thats my beef .. you shouldnt have to, the forum all seeing and doing majicness is supposed to do that for you

anyway .. thanks for the update Bruce

Comment

The house is really taking shape .. Julie got her colour scheme worked out?.
                              Do you aggree with it?.
                              Is she looking over your shoulder as you reply?
                              I am Friends with the local paint place guy . He reckons, Most of us men could not pick a good colour scheme if our lives depended on it .Most of the girls ,are naturals at it .
                              We have an idea, but we would like to use the pre-painted cement board siding and they have a specific color pallet. If Julie was looking over my shoulder, I'd be requesting a back rub, then I wouldn't be typing so legibly

The Septic ,Is that the full height of it ,or are the more sections to go on top of it ?. We hardly get to do Septics out here any more . Mostly all Mini Sewerage treatment plants here now . Here is a link to one of the most popular ones .
                              http://www.ozzikleen.com/
                              After treatment the water can be used on gardens . With Your Winters , I don't know weather it would be a Viable alturnitve ..
                              That's just the bottom half, the upper is a bit taller, but not much. It is sealed with a thick butyl rubber adhesive gasket. The effluent runs out into the field where it is absorbed into the surrounding earth, so in effect it is irrigating the "garden." In my case, several hundred pine trees.

When looking for extra reach ,I used to roll the bucket forward . Lot safer than their block of wood idea .
                              That's what I told them, but what do I know? I'm a city slicker and I don't have any tattoos.

Comment

Working...
                              X