Got myself a new toy!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got myself a new toy!!

I just got myself a new toy!! It's a John Deere 6520 it's a 2002 and has done 5105 hours. It's very clean and tidy. It has a John Deere 661 loader and also has front linkage. The tyres are 75% so have plenty life in em which is a good job as they look expensive!!

Well wear Weejim, hope it is lucky for you, what is the plan for it?..............................
    A driven man with a burning passion.

Comment

Wow .. very cool Jim .. been a while since I did me some field work and I liked my Deeres .. what made you choose that model, and I bet it didnt come cheap .. certainly looks very good condition
      Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

I bought it privately as I knew of the guy selling it. It's done 100 hours in the last 2 years. I thought it was a good deal after all I was looking for something with just front linkage and this came in at the right price and had a loader which is as tight as a tight thing so that was a bonus!!

Comment

Must add that I am looking for pallet forks and a muck graip for it though

Comment

Originally posted by Stock View Post
            Well wear Weejim, hope it is lucky for you, what is the plan for it?..............................
            I will get some gereral farm work with it and use it myself for some haulage work but I am hoping to clear snow for the local council in the winter!

Comment

Looks Good Jim . Best of luck with it .

Comment

Just don't drive it with the front end locked in on hard ground or roads ,I know of more than one JD that has caused more than a bit of grief and expense to their owners .Know of a gearbox that had to be repaired at 1200 hours also .
                Nice tractors though ,especially if it has the front suspension .

Comment

Nice looking Deere Jim, are you putting some kind of snow plow on the loader during the winter?

Comment

Originally posted by Wazza View Post
                    Just don't drive it with the front end locked in on hard ground or roads
                    Do you mean contact with a drain lid at speed, whilst snow ploughing ? lol nah cant be that wazza youve never seen the stuff ?
                    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

I am hoping to get a snow plough on the front linkage not the loader. I don't have that arms for the front linkage on in the photo as they catch the loader.

Sadly it does not have the front suspension.

My friends JD has gone in the quad box gear box thing and it will be £10,000 to repair so it's going to export!!

I was using it today to move some bulk bags f sand and pallets of Slavs and it lifted them like they were not even there! I am well impressed!

Comment

Originally posted by Wee Jim View Post
                        My friends JD has gone in the quad box gear box thing and it will be £10,000 to repair
                        Yikes ... expensive , nice tool BTW Jim

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
                          Yikes ... expensive , nice tool BTW Jim
                          Cheers Dan,

Yah if they fixed it when it needed brakes it would have been £2000 but they left it a bit long as they was really busy and before they knew it the box had gone and they were facing a £10,000 repair bill so I think it's getting traded in and another JD will be coming home in its place.

Comment

There was a front linkage on done deal for €500.......
                            A driven man with a burning passion.

Comment

Originally posted by Stock View Post
                              There was a front linkage on done deal for €500.......
                              Whats done deal?

Comment

Working...
                              X