Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dublin in 'absolute drought', rest of country to follow

19/07/2013 - 08:11:59
    More local authorities could put water restrictions as Met Éireann says Ireland will be in a state of "absolute drought" by this evening.
    Some councils have already banned the use of hosepipes in a bid to conserve water - and others are warning they may soon follow.
    The dry weather is set to continue well into next week - with Met Éireann forecasting temperatures in the high twenties.
    "An absolute drought is defined as a period of 15 days with less than 0.2mm of rainfall," said Gerry Murphy from Met Éireann.
    "For some parts of the eastern country, this status has been reached - yesterday, actually, in the Dublin region - and that would extend to other parts of the country then today."

A driven man with a burning passion.

Comment

Comment

Sounds like winter here in OZ

Comment

Originally posted by Stock View Post

Meanwhile on the farm.........................
          Meanwhile in Glasgow

bin.jpg
          Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

32C here in Cumbria, UK.
            We have an old hosepipe that has 3 tiny holes in it and the spray pattern is perfect for the Blackbirds and Sparrows to waddle about in...

.......couldn't cope with this weather for too long.....bring back the summer rains.......

Comment

So what would you lot do if actually got hot?, like our last Summer here... ...

Comment

Originally posted by Wazza View Post
                So what would you lot do if actually got hot?, like our last Summer here... ...
                That's funny It's been mid to upper 90's all week with dew points in the 70's. I spent it building a pole barn with my carpenter. I wished it had rained, I would have been drier.

Comment

Originally posted by B4D2USA View Post
                  That's funny It's been mid to upper 90's all week .
                  Had more than a few warmer months here this Summer Bruce ,temps exceeded 115°F for sustained periods and almost no rain for six months .
                  That is what we call a bit hot .

Comment

Yeah but you guys expect that ... We don't half the time it's pissing down
                    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Originally posted by Muz View Post
                      .....half the time it's pissing down
                      You're too generous Muz..........how about three-quarters of the time??

Rain with Donner und Blitzen forecast for today........

Comment

Well the drought is over and now we're flooded...........

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/galwa...orms-1.1255235

http://www.eveningecho.ie/2013/07/25...hit-by-floods/

Comment

Originally posted by Stock View Post
                          Well the drought is over and now we're flooded.........
                          Just wait a day ...........

Comment

Originally posted by Wazza View Post
                            Just wait a day ...........

For what..............

Comment

During the UK heatwave [all you Aussies can stop laughing right now] the fell water for our micro-Hydro system was still running. Just wanted to boast...that's all.

Comment

Over here Jack the old folks maintained a dry September was the test of a well or water source............

Comment

Working...
                                X