No announcement yet.

25 years trading coming up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yea to operate on a bairn whose main arteries are just mm wide at birth is amazing
    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Yes every time something doesn't quite work out I remind my self that we've had four children who all worked out ok, and currently nine grand children with a tenth on the way - quite a dynasty

... anyway .. 25 years ... you're just starting out and barely run in .... our 42nd anniversary this December.

Comment

Originally posted by AndrewMawson View Post
        Yes every time something doesn't quite work out I remind my self that we've had four children who all worked out ok, and currently nine grand children with a tenth on the way - quite a dynasty

... anyway .. 25 years ... you're just starting out and barely run in .... our 42nd anniversary this December.
        Ah..... respect to you sir
        Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Wow ......... that is an achievement
          If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

Originally posted by Muz View Post
            Yea to operate on a bairn whose main arteries are just mm wide at birth is amazing
            Miraculous isn't it, what these guys can do - slightly different level, but we've a little cat who fell off the conservatory roof when he was about 18 months - dislocated both hips and tore off his lower right leg, bar a flap of skin, when he got tangled up in a staggered board fence on the way down.

We were lucky to have one of the top orthopedic veterinary surgeons, with a practice 20 miles away.
            He pinned, wired, and screwed the little fella's back end back together and after a long slow recovery ....... you'd never know, to look at him today, some ten years on.

You do not want to know what it cost, but he's worth every penny!!

if I ever needed surgery at that sort of level Russel Chandler is the guy I'd want rebuilding me ....... if he can achieve the sort of results, at that scale, that he did, working on human size casualties'd be a doddle for him

SPARTY.jpg

If yer want the best seat in the duck .... yer gorra move the cat

WP_20150423_11_35_21_Pro.jpg
            Last edited by v8druid; 22-08-2015, 11:06 AM.
            If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

That cat deserves a new cover on that Duck seat I reckon

Comment

That cat deserves a new cover on that Duck seat I reckon
                Hell I'd never keep him out o' there if it had a posh new seat cover, but yeh I could do with a new covering on the seat.

It's on those little twist buckle thingemmybobby things - must take the squab out and see if the step daughter can't make me a new one.
                if she can design and make wedding dresses, a seat cover should be a doddle

Or 'praps there's a makers name lurking in there somewhere for a new one off the shelf?

Comment

Looks like it could be a KAB seat. My 803 had a KAB-T1 and I was able to buy a new seat cover & foam kit:

http://www.kabseating.com/

Comment

Looks like it could be a KAB seat. My 803 had a KAB-T1 and I was able to buy a new seat cover & foam kit:

http://www.kabseating.com/
                    Now you say the name, I think you're right.
                    Just had a look and there are hundreds of 'em

I really hope there's a model no. on it!!

Used to be a Kab-parts place in Ebbw-vale, but don't know if they're still there - would be an easier proposition to take 'em the squab and see what they say, otherwise

Comment

Well thats it ......... 25 years of blood sweat and tax payments single handedly I have kept the UK economy afloat

Comment

Well thats it ......... 25 years of blood sweat and tax payments single handedly I have kept the UK economy afloat
                        Congratulations Muz ......... takes some doing to stay afloat that long - you'll have missed the mid 80's bad times, but managed to ride out the early '90s (jeez that was tough) and the late 'noughties',when the media created a recession overnight - everyone was just about muddling along, 'til the bastards screamed RECESSION!! and everyone thought their phones had been cut off overnight!!!!!

No one will ever convince me that that is not true - they have a colossal amount to answer for ......... yes things were tough and tight ..... but functioning !!

Anyways mate ....... well done ........ time to start thinking about retiring - you've done your time - you'd have gotten less for murder!!!

Comment

Congrats Muz I've only got 4 official years of marriage but we've been together for 7. Lucky kitty there Graeme I know I dearly love my 3 and so does my daughter Rosie. Could you not get your seat reupholstered? My father in law did that for one of his grain trucks and a couple tractors.

Comment

Congratulations Muz .A big well done too

Comment

Thanks guys .. Yeah its been quite an experience ... 25 years ago was the pit of the last recession as I remember it .. quite a good time to start as everything is on the up as it turned out. For me May 2008 was the shocker .. all my plant came off hire over night, and I remember struggling to get in the gate of the yard with all the plant that had come off .. it was like someone had turned off the lights ? .. a real shocker, as all the banks pulled out the rugs from under their/my clients. I'll not forget that in a hurry ! Top customers just walking away from their companies closing the doors and leaving all their suppliers (like me) with no prospect of payment, in fact I lost 'more' money in 2008 than I did in all the previous 18 years added together That sure teaches you a hard lesson or two, and it principally is that we , as an industry give out far to much credit to businesses and people who run their operations on the thinnest of margins, and the slightest knock they get, makes them collapse leaving you in the lurch.

Comment

Thanks guys .. Yeah its been quite an experience ... 25 years ago was the pit of the last recession as I remember it .. quite a good time to start as everything is on the up as it turned out. For me May 2008was the shocker .. all my plant came off hire over night, and I remember struggling to get in the gate of the yard with all the plant that had come off .. it was like someone had turned off the lights ? .. a real shocker, as all the banks pulled out the rugs from under their/my clients. I'll not forget that in a hurry ! Top customers just walking away from their companies closing the doors and leaving all their suppliers (like me) with no prospect of payment, in fact I lost 'more' money in 2008 than I did in all the previous 18 years added together That sure teaches you a hard lesson or two, and it principally is that we , as an industry give out far to much credit to businesses and people who run their operations on the thinnest of margins, and the slightest knock they get, makes them collapse leaving you in the lurch.
                                'Twas a grim ol' time that Muz - them without collateral went bloody quick and them as had it, had to dig into it for quite a while!!

I've always maintained that if you wanna be in biz, there should be legal requirements, to have sufficient working capital, to cover yer debts ........ and these tossers in charge of the place should get some proper measures in place to give honest business people teeth to get their bills paid on time - the Germans can do it ...... WTF can't we
                                And don't get me started on Limited Liability and arse-hole directors bust on Monday and trading again Tuesday - bring back debtors prisons ........ and leave the bastards rot in 'em

Comment

Working...
                                X