Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Travel drive hose replacement - what's involved?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jackpreacher View Post
    Cap'n, I thought that your hoses were very exposed also....I went around the two digger I'm using at the moment to check out their travel motor hoses but none show their knickers as much as your machine - ..must have to careful..
    Its quite common on machines with adjustable undercarriages Jack (but not all) where the legs need to extend outwards .. your own EC15 was made in the XTV variant (adjustable) which looked similar to the takoooochi hose layout, and here it is below

1386969633.jpg
    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

[QUOTE=jackpreacher;9754]Cap'n, I thought that your hoses were very exposed also....I went around the two digger I'm using at the moment to check out their travel motor hoses but none show their knickers as much as your machine - ..must have to careful..

Hi Jack and you're right I do have to be careful and I normally am but I wasn't driving at the time and my little machine has never worked so hard since I've owned it. I made the mistake of letting a friend drive it - never again. But I'm not laying blame, it could have happened to anyone on the rough rock strewn ground we were working on, it's just that I'd have preferred it had been me!

Hi Muz
      Yes I'm happy with themresult, the machine is up and running with good replacement stuff, with minimum delay and at a reasonable cost.

Thanks for all your support guys.

Rgds CL
      Last edited by CaptLimey; 11-04-2013, 05:00 PM. Reason: spelling error

Comment

Capt'n why didn't you salvage the spring from the original hoses, pull it of one end and cut off the fitting with the grinder and off she'll slide... done it hundreds of tomes until I found Shannon Springs.................
        A driven man with a burning passion.

Comment

Originally posted by Stock View Post
          Capt'n why didn't you salvage the spring from the original hoses, pull it of one end and cut off the fitting with the grinder and off she'll slide... done it hundreds of tomes until I found Shannon Springs.................
          Hi Stock
          Good advice, maybe next time! I did consider that but on one hose the original spring armour was severely bent and broken at the point where it had been pinched against the cross member. The new flat spring steel plastic coated armour was a much better job and €18 for the three hoses.
          Rgds CL

Comment

Working...
          X