No announcement yet.

Just having a whine about my Landrover Defender 110

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jack, are there any preventatives that can be taken to prevent AMURDTALOPM?

Comment

Originally posted by B4D2USA View Post
      Yea by not owning a mechanical vehicle .........

neighbour of mine says "Only folks who don't have trouble with machinery don't have it "
      A driven man with a burning passion.

Comment

Those little SJ's are awesome but need more grunt ... anyone put a Rangie V8 in one yet ?
        Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

That particular one has a 2l Toyota corolla diesel in it................

Comment

Originally posted by Stock View Post
            That particular one has a 2l Toyota corolla diesel in it................
            You must have used one of these........

Comment

Originally posted by B4D2USA View Post
              Sorry Bruce, I've been prevented from answering that question

Comment

Here's one for you Stock......

I ordered a set of swivel joints with associated seals etc but the supplier sent me through parts which were subtly different, in fact I had to refurbish the old swivels and just put on the new seals [which fitted] but use the old top & bottom pins and bearings ['cos they didn't fit]. The lock washer profile was totally different as well so I had to reuse the old ones which isn't a good thing

The supplier took the registration and assured me the parts were correct. After stripping the front axles down and then realising the parts weren't correct I ran the supplier who told me that the previous owner may have switched out the original swivels for Discovery ones.

Does this sound feasible?

Spheres.jpg

Swivel Pins.jpg

Comment

Jack I need something to stick my rifle targets on at the 500m mark ,so when your done with it ...

Comment

Were you dealing with paddocks??

The thin pin is the bottom one on which the swivel bearing sits. The top is a raylco bush, which taps out don't need a press. They wear and most mot guys blame the wheel bearings.
                    I would also like to say that the parts you got are referred to in the trade as "shitparts" not britpart.
                    The axles were modified in 89 or 90 but if you were going to that trouble I would have fitted the Discovery ones from 94 on as they had bearings top and bottom.

Are you using swivel housing grease ??
                    Me I just use 00 grease way better than the gear oil which was leaking from the seal on your truck.............

I hope you set the preload on those housings 15lbs on a spring balance if the grey cells are correct.

Comment

Swivel Pins b.jpg
                      Last edited by Stock; 05-05-2013, 02:55 PM.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Wazza View Post
                          Jack I need something to stick my rifle targets on at the 500m mark ,so when your done with it ...

Comment

Thanks Stock, that's great information

....errrrr.....spring balance?.......errr...ummmm..........

Whch suppliers do you recommend?

Comment

http://www.lidl.co.uk/cps/rde/www_li...Detail&id=2099

Comment

I measured the shims that came off and replaced with new ones, but alas, did not measure the turning force [..use the force Luke..]....it only does 1200 miles a year - d'ya think I should strip it down again and test ? [...please say no.....]

BTW, were you insured TPF&T?

Comment

Working...
                                X