Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dmhk2005 View Post
    HI.

I have disconnected the pedal and operated it by hand, but still no change.

Many Thanks
    Hi dmhk2005

We had a whole bunch of similar sounding problems with our Lifton 850, which terminated in getting the travel pump rebuilt and solved all the lack of power issues. But it wasn't cheap!

See & research this thread (if you haven't already?)

Lifton LS850 wont drive uphill

You might benefit from talking/emailing to the guys that rebuilt our pump, John or David Bell at <servetech@btinternet.com>

Rgds CL

Comment

HI All.

Many thanks for the help so far.
      Unfortunately still no joy, I tested the hydrostatic pump and found it was low on pressure, I got it repaired by a certain servetech, (very helpful).
      Once i got the pump back I fitted it, but still no joy, it still doesn't drive.
      Can you clarify a couple of things.
      Down by the seat is the directional detent valve, which has four pipes on it, two go to the hydrostatic pump, guessing forward and reverse, one goes to a load of pipes which then go to the rear wheel motors, and one goes to what I belief is a flow divider.
      There are two ther pipes on this flow divider, one goes to a set of pipes for the front wheel motors and one goes to a set of pipes for the rear wheel motors.
      Now, I only thought the only sign of these flow dividers failing was if they cracked.
      Also what is the circuit for these machines, does the directional valve feed the flow divider or is it the other way round?
      As always all help greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Darren

Comment

Wow .. youve done a lot of work there .. we also had an issue where the flow devider was fitted incorrectly, it was upside down. Can you give us a pic of the one you see ?
        Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

20131123_134258.jpg This is it
          Attached Files

Comment

See the replacement pipe you got fitted at the start .. take it off and make sure it hasnt been over crimped and blocked
            Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Any further forward with this one ?

Comment

HI.

Unfortunately not, I need to know the basics of this drive system, basically what feeds what, and what way does the oil flow.
                This is to my understanding.
                Hydrostatic pump, has four pipes going to it, one is a suction direct from the tank, two go the forwrad/reverse detent valve block, and one goes off in to a load more pipes which tee off all over the place.
                But what does that pump do in the bottom of the first photo.
                As always all help appreciated

Comment

HI.

Unfortunately not, I need to know the basics of this drive system, basically what feeds what, and what way does the oil flow.
                  This is to my understanding.
                  Hydrostatic pump, has four pipes going to it, one is a suction direct from the tank, two go the forwrad/reverse detent valve block, and one goes off in to a load more pipes which tee off all over the place.
                  But what does that pump do in the bottom of the first photo.
                  As always all help appreciated
                  This one ?

That is the flow devider on the bottom ... it has one input (at the twin end IIRC) and using passive gears devides that flow to two outputs to power the front and rear axles

Comment

Yes, that one, Ok, thanks, where does it get its feed from, what sort of pressure should it get, and how do I know if its not working properly

Comment

And sorry what does IIRC stand for.

Thanks again

Comment

And sorry what does IIRC stand for.

Thanks again
                        If I Remember Correctly

Cant remember what the plumbing is, but the devider wont be the issue, if it isnt leaking, it will be ok. Did you check that hose I mentioned earlier ?

Comment

Yes, that hose is fine, do you think my issue is with the directional control shuttle valve block (forward and reverse)??

Comment

There are two pipes coming out of the bottom of the hydrostatic pump which go in to the froward/reverse valve block, what do they do?

Comment

I think you need to go back to post 15

http://www.plantandconstruction.co.u...no-drive/page2

Comment

Ok, so are you saying I should be getting system pressure out of these two pipes, I have tested the charge pressure, and that is in spec. Probably sounds like a stupid question, but I thought if I had charge pressure I would be ok. Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
                                X