Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kubota kx 1989-1999 i thnk

hi all Im back again,hope all is well,

i have a Kubota kx41. i've had it around 15 years. and have recently decided to give it some love. probably not worth spending the money on it but i've started now and she's been good to me.

question 1
    so first of I knew id lost 2 links on one track so I replaced both tracks. the ones that was on it had written on it 230x30x96, I looked on ebay and found some 230x46x60 and it said they would fit, well there on and seem to be working. what I did notice is that one idler(I think) and two bottom rollers are quite lose(move side to side) compared to the other side.. whats the best place to buys these ?

a few years back I was driving/working and smoke started coming from beneath my right foot at that point I shut the machine down and my friend/mechanic came out and disconnected something he said "12v scavenger pump had burnt out and disconnected and said it would still work just not as well". heres a picture or itIMG_0792[1].jpgIMG_0793[1].jpg
    my question is it a fuel pump because that's what fuse has blown in the fuse board and where can I obtain a replacement?

today I jet washed the undercarriage. i don't think its ever been jet washed since ive had it and i hope it was ok to do this. if so how mad can i go is it ok to jet wash the floor as i have the cab of at the moment..

i also have a few scratches on the front ram if the digger is parked and the scratch is under the seal it weeps hydro oil but only a little, whats the best way to fix this...

well thanks for taking the time to read this and i hope its not complete jargon.

opps i forgot to add. how can i find out what year it is. and also does anyone have a pdf of the manual..

The electric pump is just a primer pump and will fail eventually. You cannot bleed the machine after replacing a fuel filter if this pump fails so you need to replace it. You should really replace your tracks with like for like sizes other wise you will wear your sprockets prematurely, and the place to buy new bottom rollers would be

http://www.astrakgroup.co.uk/?gclid=...FUbkwgodVLwAoA
    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

thanks muz. I had a feeling it would be you who replied. you seem to keep this place going.

I've already replaced the tracks and they seem better than my old ones to drive on.

this 12 volt pump can I replace with one of these.. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/12V-ELECTR...item35c8985dab.

here's a picture of my machine without the cab on IMG_0798[1].jpg

also muz where would I find out what year it is? thanks for the help mate

Comment

Originally posted by Grantcritchley View Post
        thanks muz. I had a feeling it would be you who replied. you seem to keep this place going.

I've already replaced the tracks and they seem better than my old ones to drive on.

this 12 volt pump can I replace with one of these.. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/12V-ELECTR...item35c8985dab.

here's a picture of my machine without the cab on [ATTACH=CONFIG]2293[/ATTACH]

also muz where would I find out what year it is? thanks for the help mate

classic machine Good diggers .... Replace the pump with a dealer one .... Don't waste your money on a copy ... It's an important bit .. Age plate used to be on front left of upper chassis on that machine but commonly got skelped off due to location.... Ser no is the only way to tell from Kubota but it's stamped into king post also
        Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Working...
        X