lifton 850 hi-tip dumper reverse not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lifton 850 hi-tip dumper reverse not working

hi all,i just found this forum and i wonder if anyone can help, i have a lifton 850 dumper year 2002 ish the problem i have is that if you select reverse the machine goes forwards ,ihave checked fuses and they seem fine, engine is running fine ,can anyone give me some advise on where to start fixing problem thanks in advance.

Is it the older LS model with the pedal on the floor or the fwd reverse on the steering column ?
    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

hi muz, thanks for reply its newer type with forward /reverse on steering column.

Comment

The column selector is just a switch, but it does have an up and down detent ... make sure its in the upper position.

Something could have gone wrong in the switch, you would need to do a bit of fault finding to make sure its closing and opening the contacts properly. It will trigger one or two solenoids on the pump to release flow in either direction, once you've worked out the switch pattern, and that its ok, next for testing would be the solenoids that it its connected to, and to identify they are wired correctly.

Some of those systems have a third circuit that acts as a brake to the travel system. Opening the switch, also opens that circuit to release the brake ..

Dont know your technical level ? .. but you really need a schematic to follow all this properly, for now start with the basics though , and check the basic connections to the solenoids and the selector switch
        Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

hi muz,thanks for your advise ,i will check the basics like you suggested in the next few days ,in answer to your question my technical ability is fairly basic I'm ok with servicing etc, thanks again.

Comment

Working...
          X