X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mick you are an absolute star

Comment

Originally posted by Mick-the-fitter View Post
      Something else that that I noted was on the early rotary joint both outer and inner parts were available separately, but on the later it's a unit! From an engineering point of view, maybe it points to the fact that they were not a very good machine fit and leaked by design! I will see what is available as far as drawings or such like material.

Mick
      In theory Mick, if made to drawing, one could take any inner/outer off the shelf and mate them successfully, with the appropriate seals sets.
      If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

Originally posted by v8druid View Post
        In theory Mick, if made to drawing, one could take any inner/outer off the shelf and mate them successfully, with the appropriate seals sets.
        It's a jake, so it will be theory only master druid, nought interchangeable without lots of cash....................
        A driven man with a burning passion.

Comment

Originally posted by Stock View Post
          It's a jake, so it will be theory only master druid, nought interchangeable without lots of cash....................
          Ain't that the truth, Stock!!
          If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

Interesting point .. youd expect the valve to be out sourced to some nippon supplier, but being jake they couldnt do that, so that only really leaves the frogs, the bosch, etc .. bound to be euro sourced
            Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Originally posted by Muz View Post
              Interesting point .. youd expect the valve to be out sourced to some nippon supplier, but being jake they couldnt do that, so that only really leaves the frogs, the bosch, etc .. bound to be euro sourced
              If it were Nippon sourced Muz, there'd probably be a hell of a lot less issues and it'd fit no matter what.
              They're great engineers, regardless of opinions.

Comment

Originally posted by v8druid View Post
                They're great engineers, regardless of opinions.
                Well my opinion is exactly that
                Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Good News and Bad

Well with much assistance from Mick-the-Fitter by PM's - thanks Mick, and a bit of good luck the rotary seal issue is resolved

I went to site Monday to see what was happening, and while there JCB rang up to say they had located what the adapter kit was, but it would take 3 weeks to deliver it as bits had to be made Fortunately I was able to find a machine only 70 away in serial number terms that was being parted out, and the orbiter was still in it. The expensive new one went back to JCB and the s/h one arrived Tuesday, has been fitted and works

Now the bad news - the second spool block is leaking oil even in the relaxed state ie when no services are being used. It's about 7 segments and located in the most horribly inaccessible position, under the floor and under the seat. Leak seems to be from between the slices underneath (is this likely ??) on the neutral circuit rather than from the spools or their connections.

The parting out machine has already had this block removed and the only other one I've been able to locate has been well charred in a fire. So I've decided to have the block taken out and replace the slice seals, but before it's dismantled, to try and pressurise it and confirm the fault on the bench.

Does this sound a sensible approach?

Does anyone on the forum know of any 803's of this vintage being broken for parts?

Comment

Originally posted by AndrewMawson View Post

Does this sound a sensible approach?
                    Its a bit impractical because you wont replicate the pressures that causes the problems when its not 'plumbed in' unless you really know your hydraulics ofcourse ? In most cases throwing a seal kit at it is the first approach, because , its not uncommon for certain types of seal to go 'hard' under cycles of heating and cooling, especially in .. ahem .. certain machines

Glad you got the O/V sorted for realistic money though I started this forum to help people resolve such matters without getting stung in exactly this way ... Good job to Mick too he got the bug .. innit fella ?

Comment

This is the beastly little thing
                      Attached Files

Comment

Hi Chaps, good news about the rotary valve, it sounds like old age is creeping into the machine, I agree with Muz, the place To start would be a reseal of the valve block, in theory a minor problem to fix. Easy for me to say!

Did you need part numbers for the seal kit?

Mick

Comment

That's a real lil' futhamucker - do not envy having to extract that from there - lots of pix in order to suss the plumbing on the re-assembly and some marking up, with more pix!!
                          Can't imagine the slice seals are a huge task ......... just in need of care and patience on the re-assembly of teh block, I'd have thought
                          Keep us posted
                          Gra

Comment

Hi Mick good evening to you.

Are you talking essentially the 'o' rings between each slice or more than that ?

BTW for bench testing I have a small tank with oil immersed hand pump that'll go up to 1500 psi - plan was to blank off ports and pump oil into the P inputs (there are two on this block I believe) OK that's probably only about half what it runs at, but I'd expect the leak to show - but then I'm an optimist

Comment

Hi Mick good evening to you.

Are you talking essentially the 'o' rings between each slice or more than that ?

BTW for bench testing I have a small tank with oil immersed hand pump that'll go up to 1500 psi - plan was to blank off ports and pump oil into the P inputs (there are two on this block I believe) OK that's probably only about half what it runs at, but I'd expect the leak to show - but then I'm an optimist
                              I'd be surprised if that didn't show up your leaks Andrew, with everything blanked off and that sort of pressure doing its damnedest to escape, any exit is going to be 'utilised' I'd have thought
                              Certainly worth a try

Comment

Yeah .. but ... the problem is.. even if you find the leaky one, by the time you pull it apart, you will doubtless disturb other potential trouble makers, so on a block of that age, you are as well doing the lot

Comment

Working...
                                X