Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Volvo EC15 engine run away (over revving)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

so the spring had definately jumped off the rack bar then ? As Dan says 'why' looking more like something to do with the guvernor ? or is the spring ok condition wise ?
    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Spring condition

Thanks both for getting back to me. Checked it yesterday and bar was off the pin and spring just hanging there. Spring condition looks OK looking inside inspection plate. I will charge camera and take a photo and post if that's OK. I was hoping a local Diesel enthusiast would pop around and take a look - he must be busy. He did say if I can get it to him he'd take a look Only if I had hiab pickup truck eh? Maybe that's the next boys toy

Comment

Pics are a big help Need to find whats causing the spring to jump
        Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Pictures of pump removal

I read jackpreachers story a lot worse I think than mine any photos of removing pump?

Thanking you in anticipation

Comment

never having seen this set up it's hard to comment, but ..... presumably this spring is holding everything where it's supposed to be - therefore has the spring gone weak to be able to allow it to keep jumping off, or are the retained ends weakened/out of shape/worn to allow it to keep jumping off.
            I'd presume it's a bit of a bitch to get into place and if it's easy to get back on then it'll be equally easy for it to escape too
            Just my thoughts
            If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

Originally posted by williamtheconkerer View Post
              I read jackpreachers story a lot worse I think than mine any photos of removing pump?

Thanking you in anticipation
              Thats where I was going to point you .. an excellent thread on this engine .. it really takes a few reads to take it all in .. and then you have to go back I found the bit where he took the guvernor out this morning didnt really give me any pointers though

Comment

Originally posted by Muz View Post
                Thats where I was going to point you .. an excellent thread on this engine .. it really takes a few reads to take it all in .. and then you have to go back I found the bit where he took the guvernor out this morning didnt really give me any pointers though
                Ive got a feeling this is the system where the spring end clips over the pin once the bar is in place and on the spring is a clip that slides along and holds the spring in place.

Mick

Comment

Originally posted by Mick-the-fitter View Post
                  Ive got a feeling this is the system where the spring end clips over the pin once the bar is in place and on the spring is a clip that slides along and holds the spring in place.

Mick
                  Yeah one of those push on circular fasteners would work, although I dont think the original pump used them, the pin on the bar has a little circular detent all the way around it for the spring to be retained on IIRC

Comment

Sounds like it has come off again

Hi thanks to all who got back to me re this spring coming off. I got an expert in to take a look. He put spring back and all seemed fine and we went on the saying if it ain't broke don't fix it. well it lasted some 20+ hours and has gone again. I am going to see if I can get new spring / clip fit and hey it may do another 20+ hours. Thank you all for your input. PS I loved the finding ground levels story. 5m piece of wood and spirit level me!! no wonder I'm 1/2 inch out here and there. Oh well so long as water runs right way is my thoughts, away from house.

Originally posted by Mick-the-fitter View Post

Mick

Comment

Working...
                    X