Yanmar VIO30 final drive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yanmar VIO30 final drive

Our VIO30 final drive is leaking the gear oil out .Trying to work out how to get it apart and replace the seal .
    Attached Files

The last Jap one I did wasnt too terrible. The drive pump unbolts from the gear box, then its just a case of removing some internal big circlips and pulling out the planetary set. In my case it was the main bearing plastic carrier shield that had failed allowing all the balls in the bearing to migrate to one side which ruptured the seal. The cost of a bearing was a bit ouchy though ...
    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Thanks Muz ,Checked on Allan a while later , and he had got it stripped down .
      One O ring was broken and the metal faces on theseal surfaces looked a bit second hand , so , got to track down a new seal .

Comment

What ? .. no pics ?
        Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Originally posted by Muz View Post
          What ? .. no pics ?
          Yeah , No pictures , I is a slack arse ..Went into town today , and of course they did not have the seal instock .It is in stock 550 Kms away in Brisbane So we wait till Friday for it to dawdle up the coast .

Comment

Working...
          X