Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thwiaites 1 tonne High discharge problem

Is there no end to my tales of woe ?

These have generally been very reliable tools .. bar the oil coolers that all burst, clogging the main radiator before you notice ofcourse

Any way .. got one that wont move forward or back when the shuttle is engaged, but it does when you rock the steering .. so theres something going on with hydraulic oil pressure ? what do you think ? .. filter maybe ? .. ill pull it out today and have a look
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Dan; 18-03-2011, 08:56 AM.

I know Nothing ,But i guess ,we talk about it a bit something may come up . To start ,i take it that it is not manual transmission .. So its probably hydrastatic or T/C drive . Is it electricly control , As switch may be buggered . Our JCB3CX Keep blowing the fuse when selecting forward , a sp[ring fell out of part of the switch and shorted the switich . Their will be solinoids on the transmission . Any those ideas /suggestions apply ?????

Comment

Yeah they are shuttle / hydrostatics .. sounds like it could be elecrical too Dan ? and thats in forward or reverse
      Last edited by Dan; 20-03-2011, 07:23 PM.
      Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

I havent really had a good look at it yet. Its weird though .. you engage forward .. nothing happens .. steer slightly right or left and off she goes .. bring it back to centre and all stop

Comment

Ok I sussed this one Pretty easy really The dumper accelerator is fitted with a micro switch IMG_0354.jpg The machine wont start until the pedal is depressed. It also acts as a brake release to allow the machine to move once the microswitch is activated AFAIK. Turned out that the earth wire had come out of the switch. The cable that was attached to the switch had shorted on the chassisIMG_0359.jpg and this grounding was acting as the switch does, enabling the drive, and the reason it was related to the steering is that because its a pivot steer machine, every time the chassis jerked to one side, it shorted to ground allowing drive to take place .. as usual pretty simple .. and thankfully easy to find once the panels were removed .. this gives me a starter for 10 with another one now that has some problems

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
            Ok I sussed this one Pretty easy really The dumper accelerator is fitted with a micro switch [ATTACH=CONFIG]86[/ATTACH] The machine wont start until the pedal is depressed. It also acts as a brake release to allow the machine to move once the microswitch is activated AFAIK. Turned out that the earth wire had come out of the switch. The cable that was attached to the switch had shorted on the chassis[ATTACH=CONFIG]89[/ATTACH] and this grounding was acting as the switch does, enabling the drive, and the reason it was related to the steering is that because its a pivot steer machine, every time the chassis jerked to one side, it shorted to ground allowing drive to take place .. as usual pretty simple .. and thankfully easy to find once the panels were removed .. this gives me a starter for 10 with another one now that has some problems

Well done lad .. always good to get a result .. whose laydees hands were they just out of interest ?
            Hydraulic oil -- its in my veins - - - well I assume thats what the pain is

Comment

Originally posted by FrankB View Post
              Well done lad .. always good to get a result .. whose laydees hands were they just out of interest ?
              Lols .. you must know some big laydees Frank .. look at the hand next to that single section gear pump .. looks kinda un .. laydee like to me
              Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Working...
              X