Kubota kx41 stalling problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Muz View Post
    If everything else is ok, I keep coming back to a main relief valve problem. One thing you might like to try is to put your pressure tester 'in line' with the boom lift circuit. As you gradually pull on the service, you should gradually see the pressure gauge rise, but in your case it sounds as if its going from 0 - 230 bar instantly ? .. try that and see what happens ? .. thereafter it might be a case of swapping them about to see if you can replicate it on another circuit such as the dipper ram, which will be on a different circuit
    Hi Guys

When checking hydraulic pressure were were we dead ending a circuit or is this what it runs at all the time? Does the pilot system work ok? Do the levers do what they should apart from stalling! Most of the little Kubotas I have worked on seem to run higher pressures than most, so the pressure you have doesn't seem over the top, I would go for swash plate angle at this point, flow gauge needed!

Mick

Comment

Originally posted by Mick-the-fitter View Post
      Hi Guys

When checking hydraulic pressure were were we dead ending a circuit or is this what it runs at all the time? Does the pilot system work ok? Do the levers do what they should apart from stalling! Most of the little Kubotas I have worked on seem to run higher pressures than most, so the pressure you have doesn't seem over the top, I would go for swash plate angle at this point, flow gauge needed!

Mick
      Yep .. weve been through everything Mick .. not tested pilot but I think th OP is doing a dead end test next as I was suggesting .. my earlier post were suggesting pump issues too .. but I dont know the mechanism that returns the plate to zero on this machine, is there a valve on the pump or is it controlled from the block ?
      Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Yep .. weve been through everything Mick .. not tested pilot but I think th OP is doing a dead end test next as I was suggesting .. my earlier post were suggesting pump issues too .. but I dont know the mechanism that returns the plate to zero on this machine, is there a valve on the pump or is it controlled from the block ?
        Hi Muz,

Not 100% on this pump, but I thought it was pressure sensing line from block on one side of the plate and spring on the other, it sounds like the plate is not being controlled, so either broken spring, or the piston bearing on the plate is broken or seized. Strip the pump let's have a look!

Mick

Comment

Originally posted by Mick-the-fitter View Post
          Hi Muz,

Not 100% on this pump, but I thought it was pressure sensing line from block on one side of the plate and spring on the other, it sounds like the plate is not being controlled, so either broken spring, or the piston bearing on the plate is broken or seized. Strip the pump let's have a look!

Mick
          If the plate is full on though .. you'd assume the problem to appear on any service no ?
          Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

If the plate is full on though .. you'd assume the problem to appear on any service no ?
            Hi Muz,

Yes i I would expect it to have the problem on all services! Is there an op that doesn't stall the engine? This would be of interest.

Mick

Comment

Working...
            X