Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It will go in here cause it Broke.............

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It will go in here cause it Broke.............

These arrived via America in a email.............and ya it a broken 2009 leibherr 1600/2....................

MK1.jpgMK2.jpgMK3.jpgMK4.jpgMK5.jpgMK6.jpgMK7.jpgMK8.jpgMK9.jpgMk10.jpg
    A driven man with a burning passion.

Mk11.jpgMK12.jpgMK13.jpg

Comment

That looks seriously expensive . Wonder what whatever the lift was , looks like now.

Comment

Looks like wind towers ,they have a large crane here for the lifts on them ,supposed to be one of the largest in the country .
        Well that was 5 years ago ,now it could be an average sized one .........

Comment

I was talking to a Volvo rep a while back about a 5 tonne digger that had the entire right hand side of the digger missing ,.. you know all the fuel and hydraulic tanks etc,.. turned out the operator stopped the machine to go for some tea, and a counter ballast weight from a tower crane fell onto the digger and wiped out the tanks beside the cab
          Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Stock , Was there any explaination of what happened, and if the operator got out of it in one piece ?

Comment

Nothing yet but you should know at this stage if and when I do know it will be posted unless I told different.................

Comment

Originally posted by Stock View Post
                It will go in here cause it Broke............
                Yes, but was it broken again?

Here is a view of a (dis) similar situation. The people involved will remain nameless.
                Attached Files

Comment

That looks like an interesting situation Bruce ,Am i allowed to guess ? W****n perhaps ?

Comment

Ainscough probe as 550 tonne crane topples over

Ainscough and crane manufacturer Liebherr have launched a joint investigation after a 550 tonne capacity mobile crane overturned.
                    The Liebherr LG1550 was moving from the quayside at the Oilfield support Base in Invergordon following a routine lifting operation last week when it fell over.
                    No-one was injured in the incident but the crane was extensively damaged and the hire company and the manufacturer are now helping the Health & Safety Executive with the investigation to establish the cause.
                    The Ainscough recovery team expects to remove the crane and clear the site by the end of this week.

Copied from Vertical.net

Crane overturns in Scotland

A lattice boom crane has overturned at the Port of Invergordon in Scotland this afternoon, thankfully no one was injured in the incident.

0b5e96796e.jpg
                    The back mast of the overturned crane

The accident occurred at around 15:00, while Ainscough was apparently relocating its 550 tonne Liebherr LG1550 truck mounted crane while partially rigged when it lost stability and ended up on its side.

5de802db25.jpg
                    An overview of the scene

The boom came down onto the cab of the 100 tonne Terex Demag telescopic All Terrain crane, owned by Global Logistics,that was working alongside demolishing its carrier cab.

8bb66b1b32.jpg
                    The boom demolished the cab of a neaby 100 tonner

5945f17d8a.jpg
                    Another view

accf53842b.jpg
                    The crane damaged by the boom

No further details have been provided at this time

Comment

I bet they don't try that again .Another expensive misadventure .

Comment

FAIL!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDT6R...eature=related

Comment

Originally posted by ianoz View Post
                          That looks like an interesting situation Bruce ,Am i allowed to guess ? W****n perhaps ?
                          Ian, good guess, and I have seen him tip an outrigger on an old Bantaam before, but no, he wasn't responsible for this mishap. I promised not to tell who done did it, and I keep my promises. Actually, I doubt he ever even looks online anymore.

Comment

Holy sheet !! someone just about to walk under it too

Comment

Working...
                            X