No announcement yet.

volvo ec15b playing up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I started it today it tracked ok fo 10 mertres i moved the main arm up and down but not full either way no problems, then I lifted it right up it went to stall so as the rev dropped I let go reved back up so then I raised it until it stalled, started it back up near nothing on the hydraulics it raised very very slowly would not track and when pushed down it did not have ant strength, while I was doing this the engine was near flat open, I think when fully extened there should be a valve that opens to release presure this is stuck shut and then stays open once forced open could this be the case. John

Comment

Originally posted by johnnymitch View Post
      I started it today it tracked ok fo 10 mertres i moved the main arm up and down but not full either way no problems, then I lifted it right up it went to stall so as the rev dropped I let go reved back up so then I raised it until it stalled, started it back up near nothing on the hydraulics it raised very very slowly would not track and when pushed down it did not have ant strength, while I was doing this the engine was near flat open, I think when fully extened there should be a valve that opens to release presure this is stuck shut and then stays open once forced open could this be the case. John
      Aye ..... sounds like the MRV (main relief valve) ..... sorry I didn't make it over the weekend - the weather been so good, I had to make the most of it digging and mowing, plus visitors too, in the shape of grand kids ... see if we can't have a look-see one evening john

Muz - any clues as to where the MRV may be on the chest ?? - I assume it'll be a cartridge affair ???
      If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

0BB5B69B-16A3-41DB-9419-6A43F3FA1CB1.jpg

MRV adjustment

Comment

Well lads and ladies ---- made it to John's tonight .... weird fault

3 staufs ..... Servo circuit showing 25bar

WP_20180512_19_53_23_Pro.jpg

other two staufs in the main valve block ....

WP_20180512_19_51_53_Pro.jpg

one in the block adjacent to the pump feed line - showing 0bar in any situation

WP_20180512_19_52_02_Pro.jpg
          another 3rd stauf tee-ed into what 'appears' to be an LS line showing 140bar

WP_20180512_19_52_17_Pro.jpg

MRV is missing its seal, which is lying in the bottom of the m/c. Looks like it may have had it's pressure upped, but zero spanner marks on the lock nut, with indications of an allen key having been inserted - paint marked !!

can just see it (blue) under the stauf ....

WP_20180512_19_52_09_Pro.jpg

and the yellow seal cap under it

Big Q is ..... WTF type of pump should be fitted to this .... VD or FD .... that line the 3rd stauf is tee-ed into looks for all the world like an LS line..... but yon pump is not a VD pump and has been replaced recently I'd say ...

WP_20180512_19_59_32_Pro.jpg

witness mark on the bell housing makes me think this is smaller than the original fit ??

WP_20180512_20_02_41_Pro.jpg

MUZ????????????
          pump should be on this ???

WP_20180512_20_03_11_Pro.jpg

the machine operates quite smoothly, as long as you don't dead end anything and then you get away with it, if you back off quick.
          If you don't, it'll then either stall the motor, and / or lose all functions / hydraulic pressure

MUZ - I assume the block the servo stauf is mounted in is a pressure reduction valve from main to servo pressure ... can't see any separate servo pump anywhere on the motor ????

to start with this evening, it didn't want to play silly buggers and worked fine ?????

Over to you guys ???? .....

I'm off to me bed, having come in and proof read half of my step-daughter's thesis dissertation, punctuated it and sorted all the spelling, my head is totally fried .... got the other half to do in the morning
          Last edited by v8druid; 12-05-2018, 11:30 PM.
          If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

ADBF1A7D-72BE-4D37-BD89-92903112C9E6.jpg

Good troubleshooting.

The one in the main valve block (2nd pic) showing 0bar in any situation is supposed to show some 170...200 bar depending on the MRV setting. It is tested by lifting the pushplate ( or whatever it is called) up and reading the value. Engine must be running of course.

I would suspect the MRV.

Servo pressure nominal value is 32bars.

Comment

Originally posted by Mattir View Post
              [ATTACH=CONFIG]4076[/ATTACH]

Good troubleshooting.

The one in the main valve block (2nd pic) showing 0bar in any situation is supposed to show some 170...200 bar depending on the MRV setting. It is tested by lifting the pushplate ( or whatever it is called) up and reading the value. Engine must be running of course.

I would suspect the MRV.

Servo pressure nominal value is 32bars.
              Thanks,
              so what is the third Stauf connected to ????

the push plate we call the dozer blade Mat

I got zero on the gauge with the blade raised, or operated through its stroke

what type of pump is / is supposed to be fitted to these ??

Comment

The pump 'looks' ok Not sure what type they are, never had one apart, it cant be gear because theres too much demand for just one section is my best guess. The first test point you located on a square block is boom off set IRRC and double speed travel (if the machine is so equipped) the MRV adjustments are done through the side panel under the cab door entry, you need to take the cap off the spool and slacken the lock nut and adjust the valve with a hex to set. The 15b's are a a bit different to the earlier EC15 you should also be aware, block architecture is not the same if you are using any data you come across. Pel Job were heavily into load sensing back in the day, and that model is essentially a Pel Job design.
                Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Originally posted by v8druid View Post
                  Thanks,
                  so what is the third Stauf connected to ????

the push plate we call the dozer blade Mat

I got zero on the gauge with the blade raised, or operated through its stroke

what type of pump is / is supposed to be fitted to these ??
                  thanks for the dozer blade

the 0 bar reading is really odd and very contradictory because the doug works normally unless pushed against the limit. The only explanation imho is that the MRV is stuck and is not releasing the pressure and thats why the engine stalls. I would try adjusting the MRV with the instructions

4EDD2AB3-DF4D-40B1-B443-5438C72B2CFE.jpg

Comment

ok I'm getting this now .. I think our cultures are slightly different
                    thanks for the dozer blade
                    specifically the ' ' to us in the UK means .. thanks for the dozer blade .. 1 : but I can't be arsed 2: I think you are a 3: you are talking shite ...... whereas the correct emoji would be or or or or or or or or or............................
                    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

load sensing would fluctuate from zero to full pressure you would assume, but only at the correct test point

Comment

Originally posted by Muz View Post
                        ok I'm getting this now .. I think our cultures are slightly different specifically the ' ' to us in the UK means .. thanks for the dozer blade .. 1 : but I can't be arsed 2: I think you are a 3: you are talking shite ...... whereas the correct emoji would be or or or or or or or or or............................
                        Well, honestly did not think of the emoji too deeply. Just picked up one that looked a bit embarrased and thankful as well. Ment to be humble and accepting the correction. Apologies for any hidden meanings. Remember, English is not my native tongue

But, Muz, how can I change my text to as nice as yours ” toilet ...” ? I could be something similar...

Comment

Well, honestly did not think of the emoji too deeply. Just picked up one that looked a bit embarrased
                          thats this one
                          English is not my native tongue
                          Yes my friend I know that .. and you do very well with it to be honest

Comment

Bit of gold dust

Found from the archives of muz... ec press.jpg I'd look for more stuff, but not enough hours in the day at the moment ... other forum is wrong about pump, its not a triple section on a 'b'

Edit This is for a 15xr or xt or xtv not the EC15B being discussed in this thread

Comment

Originally posted by Muz View Post
                              Found from the archives of muz... [ATTACH=CONFIG]4085[/ATTACH] I'd look for more stuff, but not enough hours in the day at the moment ... other forum is wrong about pump, its not a triple section on a 'b'
                              Yes Muz, I corrected the pump in the v8druid's thread... I quess he's read it and did not buy the pump for older model..

Comment

Evening guys ..... Aiden's sent me a manual for it Muz and has also said the B is a single pump

the 140bar on the gauges is still a bit of a mystery ---- if the MRV has been wound in to the point where the 140 bar showing is not overcoming the MRV ..... it's gonna stall the motor

As for lack of hyds....... still contemplating that one ???

Comment

Working...
                                X