My one gripe with manitou.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My one gripe with manitou.....

I do love my little red MT1030S (named laura because she keeps shouting at me.... fortunatly this one has a off button) but I have discovered one fatal flaw....

Last week (thursday) at about 5pm a steel site stake that was kindly put in the middle of the haul road by surveyers decided to hide in my blindspot whilst I was frantically unloading a bathroom off a lorry. Of course my mind was on other things (like £2000 worth of bathroom ) and It went under my machine, next thing was a bang and the sound of fluid pissing out.

So the one gripe. No 1" thick bellyplate on manitous. It means you can actually grease it properly but sadly the two heater pipes to the cab where a last thought (probably as it rolled off the line), and hang down abit. Of course with no pipe the machine was grounded...

But thanks to some training previously by grandfather, Some 1/2" copper pipe, 2 jubilee clips and some JCB Antifreeze she was going by 7pm. New part should of been here on monday but the dealers have'nt phoned yet (will ring em tonight...) Hopefully have it fitted next week and be back to normal. will take some pictures soon.
    http://rsandersplanthire.com/ Plant Hire and Earthmoving

Bloody engineers
    A driven man with a burning passion.

Comment

Hardly you or your machines fault really , although I do agree that many manufacturers engineer out there machines strength in places in order to save on production costs .... anyway more to the point .. I bow to your 4.17am posting
      Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Originally posted by Muz View Post
        Hardly you or your machines fault really , although I do agree that many manufacturers engineer out there machines strength in places in order to save on production costs .... anyway more to the point .. I bow to your 4.17am posting
        I was heading off for my constitutional 6 miles at that time and posted on my return to the house...

Comment

Bunch of AM braggers ..................

sounds like a WTF moment and everyone has them ,like WTF is that there for ??? ..

Comment

Originally posted by Stock View Post
            I was heading off for my constitutional 6 miles at that time and posted on my return to the house...
            Ah I was replying to Rorys post ... 6.23 am for yours is about mid day by my old farming ways aye .. to be milking coos again
            Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Well where is he this morning? ya well ........huh whippersnappers no consistancy................

Comment

Well where is he this morning? ya well ........huh whippersnappers no consistancy................
                LOL now thats what I call bloody mindedness ...

Comment

A one hit wonder.........must have been coming in from the pub............

Comment

I woke up at 2am, pretty shattered. that morning.... yet I still did a good days driving :P
                    http://rsandersplanthire.com/ Plant Hire and Earthmoving

Comment

Well lad if you can't keep up with her better let someone else in the saddle...........on both counts

Comment

Well lad if you can't keep up with her better let someone else in the saddle...........on both counts
                        Well who's feeling grumpy today :wub:

Comment

Wazz why do you think I feckin grumpy on this crappy wet bloody Weekend, shite weather, shite country............

Comment

Wazz why do you think I feckin grumpy on this crappy wet bloody Weekend, shite weather, shite country............
                            And you still love it .
                            It was a nice refreshing 28 degrees here today .

Comment

Well if Greece and some other countries over there start defaulting on their debts we are all going to be in the SHITE anyway ....

Might have to start stocking up on fuel and baked beans

Comment

Working...
                              X