Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EC15b Bucket link with a twist

Hi guys.

I thought that this would never happen, but now it happened. One of the kotter pins broke and the banana came loose from the other end and ended up between the bucket link and dipper arm resulting in a twisted bucket link. See pic.

Anyone tried to straighten a bucket link ?

mattir

Attached Files

Originally posted by Mattir View Post
    Hi guys.

I thought that this would never happen, but now it happened. One of the kotter pins broke and the banana came loose from the other end and ended up between the bucket link and dipper arm resulting in a twisted bucket link. See pic.

Anyone tried to straighten a bucket link ?

mattir
    I've had mixed results from various manufacturers, depends on the composition of the metal, go on the theory that if it bent rather than snapped, theres a chance you could straighten it, ( I dont mean its repairable cos its still in one piece , rather, that it has some malleability) but it takes a shit load of heat to do it !
    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Thanks Muz,

I think it is malleable, but might need a serious amount of pressing power to straighten it up. New one would be some £180.

Comment

Working...
      X