Hitachi EX15 Travel Motor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hitachi EX15 Travel Motor

The left hand travel motor on my EX15 suddenly stopped working. It makes alarming crunching noises and will only move about one sprocket tooth forwards or backwards (with the track off). I was wondering if anyone can advise whether it is worth taking it apart or should I just investigate getting it repaired/replaced?
    Last edited by nic9; 22-05-2021, 07:18 AM.

Originally posted by nic9 View Post
    The left hand travel motor on my EX15 suddenly stopped working. It makes alarming crunching noises and will only move about one sprocket tooth forwards or backwards (with the track off). I was wondering if anyone can advise whether it is worth taking it apart or should I just investigate getting it repaired/replaced?
    sounds like a catastrophic failure of the gears inside. Most machines are usually epicyclic reduction hubs. If the lube regime is not kept up to speed , or a tooth comes off one of the gears it can chew its self up, have you tried draining the oil out to see how much silver bits are in it to make sure this is the problem ?
    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Working...
    X