Ec15b throttle issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ec15b throttle issue

Just fitted a L3e out of a lighting unit into my ec15b runs perfect but revs are going up and down when throttle lever is all the way open so I took the plate off that holds idle and fast adjusting screws and I can see the throttle lever moving side to side which is making the revs go up and down fast so if I hold it it revs perfect but as soon as I let it go it starts to move side to side again any ideas please anyone thanks

Anyone ????

Comment

Our resident Guru and forum owner , has his wife battling cancer ,So has other things beside this forum on his mind .

Comment

If you get a few more posts up You should be able to open links when you search if someone has had similar problems

Comment

Think it’s to do with governor … if I take the plate off where the high and low setting screws are and hold the governor arm it revs perfectly but I’m no mechanic and haven’t a clue about the governor side of things I’ve googled it with no results

Comment

The actual arm is moving side to side if I hold it still revs perfectly

Comment

Hi Markyyeah .. sounds like a guvernor problem right enough .. theres pics on here somewhere about what it looks like .. think it has some centrifugal weights on it ..as it spins.. maybe one has come off ? you'd need to pull it apart to be sure.. BUT as always though I'd start with the simple stuff , you'd be amazed at how these sorts of problems are caused by fuelling problems .. poor flow, drawing air at filter bodies etc etc holding the guvernor/throttle is no test when the engine is under load .. that fuel should be pumping out of the pipe going into the injection pump by an inch, twice a second .. start with that first and see how we go ?
              Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Thanks for your reply I’ve fitted a new electric pump and fed directly from tank . Shoved pipe in tank directly from pump into injector pump fuelling is spot on . It’s like it’s hitting a Rev limiter from just under half throttle. If I hold the governor arm still it revs perfectly as soon as I let go it wobbles side to side and revs up and down so I would say it’s governor issue all 3 weights are in place thinking could be a spring. I have a spare engine here that I could just swap the cover off with governor in place but I’m not sure how it works

Comment

I have searched and searched can really find a lot on these L3e engines wish I would have stayed with kubota

Comment

Originally posted by Markyyeah! View Post
                    I have searched and searched can really find a lot on these L3e engines wish I would have stayed with kubota
                    Theres loads of stuff here to read if you search this one for example https://www.plantandconstruction.co....t=L3E+guvernor

Youll need to check spring tensions etc .. give it a good clean, also are you aware that the fuel timing of these engines is controlled by spacers on the injection pump body ? that also has an issue with performance
                    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Will check spring tension first . Can I access that easy? Is it under that brass cap ?

Comment

Tried adjusting governor spring tension if I turn left out it revs up and down faster . If I wind it in I get it to Rev perfectly but as soon as I drop the revs it won’t Rev back up until I set it back to original position I’m lost with this it’s getting fuel correctly etc not sure who to take it to either her as there’s not a lot of people that have worked on this type of engine

Comment

Well I’ve just found out because it’s out of a lighting generator it’s governed from factory that’s why it won’t Rev over 1800 rpm and basically no good for my Volvo ????

Comment

What if I change the front cover with everything in place from my old L3e and the weights will that work ??

Comment

Just been told if I change injector pump to my old one it will work perfectly???

Comment

Working...
                              X