Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Volvo ec15b

Good evening oh knowledgeable ones.
    I was called out to a customers 2007 ec15b, which was a bit hit or miss whether it would start and run. Faulty fuel stop solenoid was diagnosed to start with, and with the offending item removed, the machine would start, run and operate as it should. New solenoid fitted today, and the machine will start and run, but only with relay RE4 bypassed. I have a workshop manual, and this relay seems to be for the machine safety shut down. I have disconnected the coolant temp sensor wire, the oil pressure wire and the sensor by the air filter, to see if that made any difference, which it didn't. I've also tried wiggling the wires that go into the box on the plate the relays are mounted to, and that didn't make any difference either. With the RE4 not bypassed, the electric fuel pump doesn't come on either. The customer is happy the machine can be used, but I'd rather it was working properly, as there is no safety shut down as it is now, which, should any issue arise with the machine, will be on my head. Hopefully it will be something silly that I've overlooked! Tia

So theres oil pressure or water temp fails that will shut it down .. I dont think any of mine have anything connected any more .. and they've been lobotomised just keep checking vitals
    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Working...
    X