Bent con rod on thwaites 1t dumper :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bent con rod on thwaites 1t dumper :(

Hi, first time posting on here, I'm hoping you guys may be able to help me out with some info.

Had a customer roll a dumper on it's side, lock up the engine and manage to bend a con rod. I'm trying to find out if it's possible to remove the con rods on a yanmar engine without removing the engine...

I've spoken to Thwaites tech dept, who either don't seem to know, or don't want to tell me! all i got was an email back, directing me to a company called EP Barrus, when i spoke to them, they don't do any repairs at all, they just sell engines...

It's a mach201 machine, with only 16 hours on the clock!
    Any advice, whatsoever, that anybody can give me, could be incredible!

Thank you

Hi Dave welcome.

I'd suggest hauling it out, because all three cylinders should be inspected. Oil usually gets into at least 2 of them possibly all 3 if theyve managed to crank it over. Its false economy to do anything less IMHO . Crying shame for such a new machine !! ... Just saying also ... last time I had a Mitsi L3E out of a Volvo EC15 that had been rolled it turned out cheaper to replace the engine. At that time Volvo couldnt even supply a crank shaft or shells as the engine had run a big end due to it being left running whilst on its side
    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Working...
    X