Volvo EC15c 2013 No Pre checks - Therefore not starting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Volvo EC15c 2013 No Pre checks - Therefore not starting

Hi, all, I am new to this forum. My Volvo EC15 mini digger stopped working a couple of days ago. I stopped the machine to get food, came back and it wouldn't start.
    When I turn the ignition switch the display does not register anything, I can however turn the key further and crank the engine which wont start because there's been no self check/ preheat etc.
    I've checked the fuse board and all seems to be in order, relays seem ok and seated
    I've spent some while prodding and moving wires to see if that made a difference - it didn't.
    There is obviously a specific chain of events that need to happen to get past self check etc but I'm not sure what it is.
    I would really appreciate suggestions from those with way more experience on diggers than me to get this machine running again.
    Thanks in advance

Try removing the stop solenoid and see if it fires up, I take it the primer fuel pump is running ok ?
    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Muz,hi, Thanks for reply. Please excuse my ignorance but where abouts is the stop solenoid on that machine? On the turn of the key the fuel pump runs, clicking away continuously.

Comment

Originally posted by Specky View Post
        Muz,hi, Thanks for reply. Please excuse my ignorance but where abouts is the stop solenoid on that machine? On the turn of the key the fuel pump runs, clicking away continuously.
        Its bolted to the injector pump with 2 10 or 12mm bolts IIRC .. I cant remember which way it gets energised .. but power goes to it to make the machine run or stop depending on the position of the key switch
        Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Muz, a big thank you for your help. Was away yesterday so didn't get to try suggestion. I've had the ecu display unit in the airing cupboard as it looked as if it had a bit of condensation in it. Put it back in this morning and it started! I don't think that was the cause of the non starting as I've seen condensation in there before. I removed the stop solenoid to get part numbers just in case I do have to replace it at sometime.
          I guess it's one of those faults that comes and goes, just really annoying when it happens.
          While I've got you, the hydraulic oil is a little low, any suggestions as to the best oil for the Volvo to top it up?
          Again, thanks for your fault finding suggestions.

Comment

Any AWS 32 grade hydraulic oil will be fine

Comment

Originally posted by Specky View Post
              Muz, a big thank you for your help. Was away yesterday so didn't get to try suggestion. I've had the ecu display unit in the airing cupboard as it looked as if it had a bit of condensation in it. Put it back in this morning and it started! I don't think that was the cause of the non starting as I've seen condensation in there before. I removed the stop solenoid to get part numbers just in case I do have to replace it at sometime.
              I guess it's one of those faults that comes and goes, just really annoying when it happens.
              While I've got you, the hydraulic oil is a little low, any suggestions as to the best oil for the Volvo to top it up?
              Again, thanks for your fault finding suggestions.

You already might have solved the issue, but just in case it happens again, some advice:

Under the seat you will see some electrical wires and relays. Most likely the fault is either in the wiring for the relay -RE4 or in the relay itself. If the this circuit is faulty, the fuel pump will not pump and the engine shut down solenoid is preventing the engine to starta. Take it out the relay and check it.

This has happened to me a couple of time until I troubleshooted it. Hasn’t occured since.

Br, Mattir

Comment

Working...
              X