Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pel Job 25.4 starts, and then stops immediately.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pel Job 25.4 starts, and then stops immediately.

Hi
    We have a mid 90's (not entirely certain of its age) 25.4 which has been brilliant in the 5 years we have owned it. However I went to use it yesterday and it starts up perfectly, but then stops almost immediately. And it keeps doing this each time its started.
    It doesn't do a lot of work and I managed without it, but I do need to sort it out. I suspect this must be electrical, rather than fuel as it happened so suddenly.
    Any help or thoughts gratefully received.

Thanks
    James

Could be a lot if different things, I'd start with fuel flow first, does it have an electric fuel lift pump ? and do you have good flow to the injection pump .. as always keep things simple at first and make sure all the fuel flow is good first of all, then i'd look at the cut off solenoid remove it and see what it does when you turn on the ignition, the pintle should move in one direction and stay there untill you turn the iginition off
    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Forgot to follow this up. the electric lift pump had faild.

Comment

Originally posted by Farmerbob View Post
        Forgot to follow this up. the electric lift pump had faild.
        Good to know
        Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Working...
        X