Lifton high tip dumper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Local diggers View Post
    My old manor! Its hard finding good plant guys round there huh?
    Your not wrong. Had a irish guy once who was good but lost his number.

Comment

right guys ive actually had some spare time and finally got round to actually jacking it of the ground like you all said to do,,,,what I have found is the right rear wheel and front left wheel are turning but the remaining two aren't. so I gather I have the most common fault with these machines(flow divider)also the new hydraulic oil(46) I put in has gone yellow again(bad).. what do u think should be my next plan of action? and where is the floe divider? thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Grantcritchley View Post
        right guys ive actually had some spare time and finally got round to actually jacking it of the ground like you all said to do,,,,what I have found is the right rear wheel and front left wheel are turning but the remaining two aren't. so I gather I have the most common fault with these machines(flow divider)also the new hydraulic oil(46) I put in has gone yellow again(bad).. what do u think should be my next plan of action? and where is the floe divider? thanks
        Have you got oil leaking out of it ?
        Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Thanks for your quick reply. I can't see any oil leaking from anywhere. But I will check tomorrow as I have now moved it on to concrete I'm just not to sure where the flow divider is.

is this is
          Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for your quick reply. I can't see any oil leaking from anywhere. But I will check tomorrow as I have now moved it on to concrete I'm just not to sure where the flow divider is.

is this is
            Yea that's him .. But if it ain't broke or leaking .. Maybe that's not the problem .. They usually cracked at one of the corners at the through bolts
            Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Well I can't see anything else. Other than a blockage somewhere on a pipe . What's the best way to change the oil. Because maybe some is getting stuck somewhere. Not sure what to do now as. All I know is the oil needs changing again and I wonder how to get all the bad oil out of all the pipes.

Comment

If it is water then you have nothing else to do only flush the system, then open every pipe and drain out the flushing agent as well as opening and closing every ram. It is a proper pain in the chair face.............
                A driven man with a burning passion.

Comment

Originally posted by Stock View Post
                  If it is water then you have nothing else to do only flush the system, then open every pipe and drain out the flushing agent as well as opening and closing every ram. It is a proper pain in the chair face.............
                  I think this is way beyond me so gonna have to find someone to do it,,,,,,thanks for your help guys

Comment

thanks for your help guys
                    Easy up lad .. youve only asked 2 questions in a month .. give us a chance

If everything works fine, there are no leaks, then its likely to be an adjustment of some kind thats required, assuming your pump is putting out the right pressure, which you should get checked to be certain. Other than that .. the fwd/reverse was just a rocker pedal on the floor IIRC, which connected to the pump via some rods which had adjustable clevices attached on a threaded section.

Can you identify that the rocker pedal is getting full travel back and forth ? and there is nothing impeding it ?.

You could try and disconnect one of the connecting rods and operate it by hand to see if some extra travel on it gets the extra output from the pump that you think you are missing.

Dont bother changing your oil again, you'll just be wasting you money, they all went like that IIRC, as does all old Fordson tractors FWIW and Ive one thats been like that since 1968

Comment

http://ebookbrowse.com/lifton-neuson...pdf-d142405341

Is this it??
                      A driven man with a burning passion.

Comment

thanks muz but what does IIRC mean? sry to be a pest but im learning as im going and as you are driving me i shall not give up.

Yes STOCK thats the machine any more suggestions??

here is an update if anyone is interested, im satisfied pressure in the pump is ok all tippper and steering ok so i checked control valve which was spotlessly clean just full of containimated oil.. . ive checked the piston housing which again was full of rubbish oil with alot of water. The piston had seemed to of seized and is still not moving that freely ive managed to loosen it alot more by pushing up and down with a rubber handle

sorry muz ive already emptied the hydraulic tank completely and got as much oil out of the tank as possible again signs of water in tank,, my next step will be put more oil in and cross my fingers,, but would u recommend getiing the oil out of all the hydraulic pipes aswell??(using an air compressor to blow bad oil through)and any ideas how much oil i will need to refill it as i found a nut under the engine by the rear axle which also holds hydraulic oil(nearly 20 litres of bad oil come out of that)...

so what do you all think and again i really appreciate the help guys im not defeated just yet

Comment

IIRC means If I Remember Correctly .. use Google if your not sure about phrases ..

Is there some way water is getting into the tank ? .. you'll always get some by natural condensation, but not a large amount.

Have you follwed the steps I mentioned above .. I'm not certain on that model if the steering and lift are powered by a separate pump, they certainly are on newer ones ?

Comment

muz my friend help me yesterday and he was playing with a lever that when he touched it it went fast but only in one direction...he told me to drain the oil out get an air compressor and start clearing the bad oil out which i have done today.

the nut where i drained the oil from was undernearth this.. the 1st time i emptied the oil i never undone it....but this time i have.

i always thought the tank to the left of the seat was where all the hydraulic oil was...
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Muz View Post
                              Easy up lad .. youve only asked 2 questions in a month .. give us a chance

If everything works fine, there are no leaks, then its likely to be an adjustment of some kind thats required, assuming your pump is putting out the right pressure, which you should get checked to be certain. Other than that .. the fwd/reverse was just a rocker pedal on the floor IIRC, which connected to the pump via some rods which had adjustable clevices attached on a threaded section.

Can you identify that the rocker pedal is getting full travel back and forth ? and there is nothing impeding it ?.

You could try and disconnect one of the connecting rods and operate it by hand to see if some extra travel on it gets the extra output from the pump that you think you are missing.

Dont bother changing your oil again, you'll just be wasting you money, they all went like that IIRC, as does all old Fordson tractors FWIW and Ive one thats been like that since 1968
                              yes muz your spot on has a rocker peddle(no brakes) and yes this was free of all stones and mud ive removed the floor plate so am testing using the lever rod

Comment

guys could it be to do with the hydraulic piston. as ive put new oil in now still getting same problem

Comment

Working...
                                X